Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plugging Micro HiFi into an amp

• 02-02-2012 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi - I have a Sony TA-FE370 amp - nice set of Q Acoustics speakers & seperate dvd, tuner, ipod dock connected to the amp. My tuner is over 20 yrs old and has stopped holding presets & remote for dvd player has stopped functioning.

Was wondering if it was practical to buy a mini hifi - have been looking at Philips DCD322/12 and plug it into my sony amp - thus having all the practicalities of having dvd/cd/tuner/Ipod dock/usb in one small unit but retaining the superior sound quality of Sony amp and Q A speakers.

DCD322/12 has composite out connectors

Is this a practical solution or bad idea? Any views advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

unlikely to work the micro system will have no preamp out on it, how about a new tuner or perhaps dab radio suitable for connection to your amp

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dunderrow

Yes - Ideally I would get a new dvd player + new tuner but funds wont allow, the lure of a cheaper solution was too much - I have decided to go with the DCD322/12, its end of line now very good value - I have a hunch that because it has RCA audio out - in addition to speaker connections it will work fine but only time wil tell!

let us know how it works out

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dunderrow

Works perfectly! neat, practical & cheap - can even use iPhone for internet radio - added bonus I hadnt thought of.

great stuff:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement