Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyrone GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

03 + 05 = 08

03 + 05 + 08 = 16

Just saying like!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

JB81 wrote: »
    03 + 05 = 08

03 + 05 + 08 = 16

Just saying like!!

Astounding logic. :)

If we're to be beaten this year to another All-Ireland I will be happy enough that it's ye yiz beat us.

Cos next year we meet in the SF and I would like a Dublin-Tyrone final. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Astounding logic. :)

If we're to be beaten this year to another All-Ireland I will be happy enough that it's ye.

Cos next year we meet in the SF and I would like a Dublin-Tyrone final. :)

lol
    I'll assume your a dub...
    Not sure if we are in a position to beat Dublin just yet, although on any given day you never know.
    And we have possibly Mayo & Galway to navigate yet so long way off....
    My head says I would like to see Donegal/Kerry beat Dublin and we play one of them in the final, as I feel we could take them to be fair, preferably Kerry ( as I live there ) and because of last years semi final..
    My heart says I would absolutely love to beat Dublin in the Final, revenge for 95 etc......

JB81 wrote: »
    lol
    I'll assume your a dub...
    Not sure if we are in a position to beat Dublin just yet, although on any given day you never know.
    And we have possibly Mayo & Galway to navigate yet so long way off....
    My head says I would like to see Donegal/Kerry beat Dublin and we play one of them in the final, as I feel we could take them to be fair, preferably Kerry ( as I live there ) and because of last years semi final..
    My heart says I would absolutely love to beat Dublin in the Final, revenge for 95 etc......

Hence the "if".

I would love a repeat of 1995. Either way I have the week off after that no matter the result. Straight up to Benburb with me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ye.

I'm calling for some DNA testing on you BonnieStation

Stoner wrote: »
    I'm calling for some DNA testing on you BonnieStation

I don't know what your [sic] are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Ah Jayop where are you gone to?What's your feelings about Saturday?I'd have you guys as justifiable favourites and there's no cute whorism agenda.Having said that I am expecting we will hopefully see a totally different sort of wounded animal with a point to prove when our lads tog out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

seligehgit wrote: »
    Ah Jayop where are you gone to?What's your feelings about Saturday?I'd have you guys as justifiable favourites and there's no cute whorism agenda.Having said that I am expecting we will hopefully see a totally different sort of wounded animal with a point to prove when our lads tog out.

I do most of my posting in the main GAA thread as there's not much activity in this one.

Yeah I think we're rightly slight favorites and I'd be very disappointed this year if we didn't get to the final the way it's panning out but you know the craic, games aren't won on paper or in the bookies office and anything can happen.

Should be a great days football on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

I have no idea why I fancy Mayo. I just do.

Very odd.

Very odd.

There's not a whole pile in it and generally Mayo have had the better of us in Championship football.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote:
    There's not a whole pile in it and generally Mayo have had the better of us in Championship football.

And there so niggle

Plus Tyrone, when there's no in-tin-city, look aud-din-ary, I've heard it said before many times.

Very odd.

Ah yes there is not a whole lot of logic to going with Mayo based on the form guide,I think some argue there is another level to the team in probability based on previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

People can justifiably question the quality of the Ulster final this year but the one thing i took note of was the manner of the victory.

Last year Tyrone just didn't believe they could topple Kerry and that manifested in them fluffing easy chances. Complete lack of conviction. The scores they got in the final minutes against Donegal would lead you to believe lessons have been learnt. Still mightn't be enough but it makes them a far greater test for everyone imo.

Its a road well travelled btw. Dublin in 2010, Donegal in 2011 for eg. Dublin had enough chances to beat Cork in their semi, didn't take them and wilted when the pressure was greatest. Donegal...McFadden not taking his goal and again wilted when the pressure came on. Both went out and won the AI the following year. Winning tight games and showing great character in the process.

I still think Mayo will win!;)

Tyrone are bit different this year than other years. They’re landing into Croke Park with people talking them up. Nobody has a beef with them. Nobody’s calling them cynical, nobody’s looking for a rule to be changed because of them. People actually like them in 2016.
    It doesn’t suit Tyrone to be liked. It’s damn hard to build a siege mentality when everybody thinks you’re pretty good. I saw fellas in Kerry saying they were delighted to see Mickey Harte win an Ulster title after so long without one. He won’t like hearing that! Tyrone fatten on controversy and there’s none so far this year.

Darragh O Se in the Times. lol, what an absolute myth this is. I tell you, our controversy didn't do us any favours last year when we played Kerry and got a man booked for diving.

Jayop wrote: »
    Darragh O Se in the Times. lol, what an absolute myth this is. I tell you, our controversy didn't do us any favours last year when we played Kerry and got a man booked for diving.

What a load of crap that passage is from Ó Sé. What's he on. The WUM!

What a load of crap that passage is from Ó Sé. What's he on. The WUM!

Inches to fill and I'd say they're running out of stuff to fill them with at this stage of the year.

Almost all of his articles are the same tripe.

And they always have an immortal "down in Kerry" part.

The one last month where he went on about how handy the Munster Championship was absolutely riled me.

I kind of enjoy him most of the time.

I kind of enjoy him most of the time.

You're a glutton

• Advertisement

You're a glutton

Ah sure you have to take them all with a pinch of salt. The vast majority of them I can't stand on the TV but I can never get enough GAA on the radio or in the papers. One of my favourite things leading up to a big game is reading all the opinion pieces and having a laugh at most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KevinHoss

Mon tooo **** TYRONE!!!!!!

KevinHoss wrote: »
    Mon tooo **** TYRONE!!!!!!

You're very welcome to the forum. I think there's about 3 of us here! :)

What's your verdict for Saturday

What's your verdict for Saturday

Tyrone by 2/3 but wouldn't be mega confident.

Aye was thinking something similar myself. Mayo looked very good in that first half against Westmeath, but sure the second half they just collapsed so hard to know what to expect. You heading to the game yourself fella ?

• Advertisement

Aye was thinking something similar myself. Mayo looked very good in that first half against Westmeath, but sure the second half they just collapsed so hard to know what to expect. You heading to the game yourself fella ?

Will rock up surely. Some day's football.

I'd say Mayo took the foot off the gas after going ahead and couldn't just put it back down when Westmeath started to come back.

Haha goodman, it should be!

Do you think we can go all the way

Haha goodman, it should be!

Do you think we can go all the way

Honestly no. I think Dublin will come though the other side and will be too strong for whoever gets though our side. If Donegal or Kerry did beat Dublin then I'd give us a good chance.

Ricey and David Brady are gonna be on OTB after 830 to talk about 2004 SF.

Jayop has a friend!!!

• Advertisement

18eiwu.jpg

Jesus listening to the otb podcast from last night with Horan and Clerkin. Christ but Clerkin is a bullsh1tter of the highest order. He seem to literally say things constantly that have no basis in reality. Apparently we've been beat many times in Ulster finals by Donegal and our forwards are inconsistent because they didn't get much joy out of the best defense in the country.

I'd say he's praying for Mayo to win because of all the big boohoo's we've inflicted on him over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I'd say he's praying for Mayo to win because of all the big boohoo's we've inflicted on him over the years.

I'd say there'll be a few candles lit in Omagh, Castlebar & Tralee for Donegal tamarra too ;)

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I'd say there'll be a few candles lit in Omagh, Castlebar & Tralee for Donegal tamarra too ;)

Totally different. Monaghan are out and he's bitter because we got the better of them. We want Donegal to win because it increases our chance of winning.

Also I'll support my neighbour Donegal when they don't play Tyrone. He's an Ulster man and it's disappointing to hear him be like this.

Also I'm sick of hearing we're lucky to beat Donegal despite having two crap black cards and a possible penalty turned down. The other thing is relying on Sean Cavanagh is something poor for us. Imagine relying on your best most experienced player to win a tight game, shocker.

McShane's black card as a blessing in disguise. He was brutal in Clones. I was sat right at him the apoplexy he caused around me...

Be that as it may, I'd prefer my manager to make the decision a player isn't performing than the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

Jesus listening to the otb podcast from last night with Horan and Clerkin. Christ but Clerkin is a bullsh1tter of the highest order. He seem to literally say things constantly that have no basis in reality. Apparently we've been beat many times in Ulster finals by Donegal and our forwards are inconsistent because they didn't get much joy out of the best defense in the country.

I wouldn't get too het up about it. It's one opinion that's unlikely to have any impact on the game whatsoever.

PressRun wrote: »
    I wouldn't get too het up about it. It's one opinion that's unlikely to have any impact on the game whatsoever.

Ah I'm not too het up, just expressing my displeasure at a fellow Ulster man behaving like a child.

Be that as it may, I'd prefer my manager to make the decision a player isn't performing than the ref.

Who knows if Mickey would have though!!!

• Advertisement

Who knows if Mickey would have though!!!

He's not adverse to seeing problems and changing the team, never has been afraid of taking a big name off and McShane isn't even that yet as well as he's been playing. Another rash shot like were was doing and he would have got the curly finger I'd say.

He's not adverse to seeing problems and changing the team, never has been afraid of taking a big name off and McShane isn't even that yet as well as he's been playing. Another rash shot like were was doing and he would have got the curly finger I'd say.

You're right. But I was glad to see the back of him earlier than never to be honest. Whilst Mickey would have no hesitation in taking him off; I calmed somewhat seeing the black card.

Mon too **** TYRONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Jayop wrote:
    Christ but Clerkin is a bullsh1tter of the highest order.

Having listened, I have to agree. It's great when perception matches reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Lot of British reg 4x 4s around drumcondra just thrown in anywhere

No respect for civilisation yiz bowsies :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Whats the verdict? Really surprised at this loss. I had Tyrone in the final!!

Really hope the great Sean Kavanagh comes back for another year.Commiserations,we just came out on the right side of the result in a enthralling contest.

A shame at the result. Mayo weren't that great either. Shame to leave it behind.

Hopefully Sean gives ye another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Really hope the great Sean Kavanagh comes back for another year.Commiserations,we just came out on the right side of the result in a enthralling contest.

After the run around he got from Lee Keegan it may take some soul searching.

Nothing more to prove.

• Advertisement

So erm.....

Yeah pissed off big time with the finish, Mayo were the better side and a few soft frees kept us in it but the old problem of being wasteful has screwed us again. 2 goal chances spurned one was a great chance and we must have kicked 15 wides and short balls that were scorable.

Morgan should never be allowed to kick a free again. Ye might be a 90 percent man in training but that's no use if you **** yourself in the game.

Advertisement