Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What brand of phone do you have?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

pcardin wrote: »
    No SonyEricsson in your list?! :eek: Jesus, where do you live?

seeing as you didnt read through the thread ill requote myself
    yeah my bad i didnt realise i hadnt put in the sony ericsson option until after it hit post

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

Bad Panda wrote: »
    niamhx wrote: »
    iPhone 4s, why do I feel like hiding now :D

That's allowed, you're a girl! :p

And I'm not ruling out buying the '5' when it comes out!

Phew, I'll come out so lol

I do lovvvve my phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Samsung is the most popular in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

iPhone 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭malkmoose

Nokia lumia 800, beautiful design. Flagship Nokia Microsoft partnership phone and a proper new alternative to the apple android eco systems. Then again I am extremely biased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

malkmoose wrote: »
    Nokia lumia 800, beautiful design. Flagship Nokia Microsoft partnership phone and a proper new alternative to the apple android eco systems. Then again I am extremely biased.

will you get the windows 8 update for that phone when its released?

from what ive seen win 7 is pants on phones at the mo.... but windows 8 beta shows promise for tablets and smart phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

I have a cr-apple!! Hate it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

I have a cr-apple!! Hate it:mad:

Why keep something your unhappy with ? Sell it ! I got €100 for a broken one, they sell very quickly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

HTC Wildfire. Hate the bloody thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I picked all options in protest at the lack of a sony ericsson option, not because i have one but, damn, i respect a good SE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

niamhx wrote: »
    Why keep something your unhappy with ? Sell it ! I got €100 for a broken one, they sell very quickly.

Because I'm tied to a contract with vodafone for another couple of months and it would cost me about €250 today just to leave them today. I'm not made of money so I'll wait till my contract is up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

iphone, only have it a few months , dont know how I ever lived without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ive a galaxy s2. great phone compared to the piece of crap Nokia I had before that. Use to always go for Nokias never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

44leto wrote: »
    My Galaxy s 2 is better then your phone any day Na Na Na Na Nahh

Does your do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-ngCKesSM Na, Na, Na, Nahh :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Sayin hi phone from my iPhone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

IPhone 4 IOS 5.1 Baseband 04:11:08 and untethered Jailbroken at that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

It's on sale in the Stockmann department store in Helsinki for €439 today. Eat your heart out if you paid €439.90 for it when it went on sale in Verkkokauppa yesterday.:D:D

I suppose you heard that Nokia are laying off another 1,700 workers and hope that doesn't lessen your bias. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Nokia Lumia and a Sony Xperia arc.. Love them both, got the Lumia last week and the battery is fantastic.. Still love my Arc though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Does your do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-ngCKesSM Na, Na, Na, Nahh :p

That is impressive, I have samsung Kies but I had serious trouble getting it to accept some of my window files.

That is a sexy phone, but I still love my galaxy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

lividduck wrote: »
    iphone, only have it a few months , dont know how I ever lived without it.

You will quickly have to realise how after you drop it:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Galaxy S2 is simply the best phone I have ever had, the freedom is refreshing after owning a couple of iPhones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,504 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Blackberry Curve - the black one not the horrible pink one they brought out later. Serious upgrade from my old Nokia which I had for about 4 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Samsung Europa. I love it just because of the name.

Technically I also own a Nokia 3510i but that's just purely sentimental value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Auvers wrote: »
    Galaxy S2 is simply the best phone I have ever had, the freedom is refreshing after owning a couple of iPhones

Have I mentioned I have one of them to, its so slim and seamless, its functionality is simple, its a playground.

It pisses power though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

44leto wrote: »
    It pisses power though.

root it with Siyah kernal and flash Checkrom revolutionHD

the battery improves like you wouldn't believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭alphanine

iPhone 4S, fúck the chinese copy cat rubbish/jap scrap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Nokia E71.... the poor man's blackberry....

Sings...."We're the Nokia E71 boys..."

Doesn't have the same ring to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Some Blackberry. A curve I think, I'm not really bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

iPhone 4.

Wouldn't mind taking a look at an Android next time I'm in the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Sony Ericsson Arc S

and one of these bad boys. Cost me a fiver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    I've a nokia E66 at the moment and it does all the same stuff an iphone can do but I'd really like to get the htc wildfire s. Anyone have / had one of these?

Don't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

iPhone 4 and I love it. I'm on it now

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Galaxy Nexus
    My GOD that screen! Ive had HD tv's with the same rez as this phone! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

iPhone 4, it's great. I get a ridiculous amount of abuse through owning it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Nokia E63, built like a brick.
    Sometimes I think I drop it on purpose just to question it's might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Had an S2 but it was too big, hated holding the thing in public, felt like this guy.

So downgraded to the Galaxy Mini and love it.

Size is perfect and was only €59 at the time and does all I need or would want it to do:

Can watch BBC iPlayer, RTE Player etc.
    Dolphin HD browsing.
    FM Radio (which Apple are too good for)
    Use as a Wifi Hotspot for use with my laptop when home.

Happy enough I am, considering I started off with a Nokia 3210 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

HTC Desire. Starting to become a bit old, still lets me check boards on the go though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

blackberry 9900

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Out out 10 is it ?

Always used Nokia glad to see its dumped that fecking excuse firmware it had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Iphone 4S, love it, would be lost without it :) I really cant wait to see the Iphone 5 though :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

I've a mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

So many iphones -.- so overpriced :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Laisurg wrote: »
    So many iphones -.- so overpriced :rolleyes:

As an Andorid fan, I can honestly say that iPhones really are not overpriced.

gcgirl wrote: »
    Out out 10 is it ?

Always used Nokia glad to see its dumped that fecking excuse firmware it had

Display is really cool 9 out of 10 on most sites/blogs. The Lumia 900 (800 with a bigger screen) got top smartphone at the CES tradeshow in Vegas last week (the world's largest consumer technology tradeshow).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

I have the IPhone 4 and it's driving me insane!

Great been able to get internet wherever you go but I can't type on it at all...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Samsung galaxy pro

Not the usual touch screen only tripe everybody seems to have now. For me a phone must have a full keyboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

IPhone 3Gs, can't afford to upgrade :o won't have much choice soon, crack up the back of it that's gettin bigger n bigger everyday! Not sure if I'll stay iPhone or go with the S2, both look sweet

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    It's on sale in the Stockmann department store in Helsinki for €439 today. Eat your heart out if you paid €439.90 for it when it went on sale in Verkkokauppa yesterday.:D:D

I suppose you heard that Nokia are laying off another 1,700 workers and hope that doesn't lessen your bias. :(

Got mine for free :p but you have a good eye for a bargain :)...It's Nokia Siemens Networks having the layoffs but still pretty crap, hopefully Nokia gets its sh1t together and gives a apple and andriod a run for their money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Got mine for free :p but you have a good eye for a bargain :)...It's Nokia Siemens Networks having the layoffs but still pretty crap, hopefully Nokia gets its sh1t together and gives a apple and andriod a run for their money

Nokia ruined any chance of getting its **** together when it killed off the perfectly good N900 Maemo OS and signed a deal with the devil.

People don't want Micro****'s tripe running on their phones but yer man Ballmer doesn't understand that. Nokia were stuck because they ran Symbian into the ground and didn't maintain it properly

eth0 wrote: »
    Nokia ruined any chance of getting its **** together when it killed off the perfectly good N900 Maemo OS and signed a deal with the devil.

People don't want Micro****'s tripe running on their phones but yer man Ballmer doesn't understand that. Nokia were stuck because they ran Symbian into the ground and didn't maintain it properly

Bit late joining the party alright but I think consumers want more choice not just Apple or android, new lumia links with xbox live and ms office which has its advantages. Anyway its the operators in the markets that have a massive influence, if Vodafone make a crazy contract offer with samsung hardware or htc or nokia then it makes a lot of difference

• Advertisement
Advertisement