Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What brand of phone do you have?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

malkmoose wrote: »
    Bit late joining the party alright but I think consumers want more choice not just Apple or android, new lumia links with xbox live and ms office which has its advantages. Anyway its the operators in the markets that have a massive influence, if Vodafone make a crazy contract offer with samsung hardware or htc or nokia then it makes a lot of difference

I always forget about the operators because I never buy a phone that way, well not since I knew there was such a thing as SIM-locking. but my phone is rare over here I think only 3 pushed it for a brief amount of time. Never seen anyone else with one

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

Staying loyal to Nokia! Upgraded last week from a 3310 to a C7, very disappointed there's no snake. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

Have the HTC Desire HD... for a year now.
    brilliant for everything...only fault i can find to cpmplain about is the sound is facing away from the user when watching video/tv etc although if using headphones..its not a problem.
    Looking to get the HTC Sensation XL or the Samsung Galaxy 2 or Nexus...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

Nokia something-or-other.

It's great. I can ring people, text people.
    Last month I found I had poker and Tetris on it and last week I found its radio.

Great phone. I'd recommend a Nokia something-or-other to everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

HTC Legend. Have it 2 years now and apart from odd freeze, its like new. Will have to get a new one soon but it will be HTC. This is only phone that has lasted me more that a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Samsung Galaxy S2, I love it. It is the best phone I have ever had. Can't see myself ever straying away from Samsungs, they are wonderful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Not telling ya

Sent from my I phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

A HTC Desire. An iconic phone tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

A Nokia 5800 for the past 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

A Sonim XP3300, its a waterproof and Idiot proof, perfect for me. If your bored check them out on youtube, you have people boiling them in a saucepan driving over them sticking them in fish tanks over night and they just keep on going, the technology is about the same as a Nokia 3 years ago and the size of a Nokia 10 years ago, but seems i break phones (4 in the past 10 years or so) i thought i would give one a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Want to sell my Samsung G2S if anyone's interested, iPhone is way better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Samsung Galaxy SII best smartphone of all time, root it, hack it and it's blazing fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Jay D wrote: »
    Want to sell my Samsung G2S if anyone's interested, iPhone is way better.

Only for those who haven't much of an idea about technology.

The SGSII has won multiple awards and has set the benchmark for others to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Some ancient Nokia. All I need it for is calls and texts. I don't see the point in having Smartphone with a done of apps I'm never going to use. When I leave the house it is usually to do things and not to sit around playing games or whatnot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

iPhone 4S , it may be expensive but its worth it not to deal with the headsche that is android or the proprietry crap with blackberry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

iPhone 4s, i'll never be bored again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Only for those who haven't much of an idea about technology.

The SGSII has won multiple awards and has set the benchmark for others to follow.

It's a shít phone, user interface is crap, no point in having all the whitty techy stuff if you can't easily use it.
    Awards me eye, although if you want you can have mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

old crap nokia. does the job. People blabbering on about apps and all that crap bore me to tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Samsung Galaxy S one...does the job and I absolutely LOOVE it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Nokia Lumia 800...in pink :D Haven't actually got a sim in it (got it today from amazon) but I already know it will be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Samsung

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

nokia c3. just changed from an e63

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

iPhone 4. Nifty little thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭brimal

Blackberry.

Excellent for my business, shit for anything fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Samsung galaxy europa. It's a grand phone but battery life is dismal. Might get little over half a day on a fully charged battery if I'm lucky but it does what I want it to do and more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

HTC Sensation.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I've an iPhone.

and yes, i tell everyone about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

A HTC Desire. An iconic phone tbh.

I've had mine for nearly 2 years now and love it as much as ever.
    Does everything- internet, gmail, radio, gps etc- with aplomb.
    Haven't had the urge to upgrade yet.
    But i'm looking at the Nexus- the NFC stuff on it is the only new tech i'm excited by tbh.

Edit: actually the Lumia is a nice looking phone. It'll be very interesting to see how Microkia fare. They're talking now about "superphones" whatever they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

I've heard the iphone 4s battery life is absolutely terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I've heard the iphone 4s battery life is absolutely terrible.

ive found it good / within normal smartphone ranges as long as your not playing with it all the time, the problem is, using all the apps , internet and other bits, as expected it can get a bit short

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

ive found it good / within normal smartphone ranges as long as your not playing with it all the time, the problem is, using all the apps , internet and other bits, as expected it can get a bit short
    Completely agree. I get a day from mine even though I play games and use the iPod facility quite a lot.

A major problem is that people leave their location services and push notices on 24/7 for all their apps. Many of the apps don't need them yet they're left on so the GPS is always being used. Any app that NEEDS to be connected to the GPS to use will prompt you when you try to use it. I only have Calls, Messages, Whatsapp and Viber set to Notification and my Location Services switched off altogether. I'm pretty sure my Facebook friends don't need to know where I was when I publish one post or another!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Samsung Galaxy Nexus and IMO it's the best phone to date, have had Galaxy S2 previous to this and still have a HTC Desire as a spare. Phone is great in every way, battery lasts me two days, which I never ever got out of Desire S2 or even my old HTC Hero!

So for anyone shopping for a new piece of kit, GN is the biz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Sony Ericsson C510. Hoping to get a new phone sometime soon. Possibly another SE. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

HTC evo3d. Tis class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I have a new iPhone 4s an I'm loving it. When I ask it to do something it just does it without asking "why do I have to do it" or telling me "I'll do it in a minute". Pity it can't cook or do the iRoning:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

iPhone 4 and love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Samsng Galaxy although I've had a play with the Nokia Lumia and am tempted to get one, it's a beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

iPhone 4s, and a Xperia ray for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Galaxy S2 and a Desire HD.
    Couple of old nokias wandering around too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Laisurg wrote: »
    So many iphones -.- so overpriced :rolleyes:
    Paid €69 for mine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭pcardin

I have a cr-apple!! Hate it:mad:

you mean iCrap ? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

gcgirl wrote: »
    Paid €69 for mine :)

yeah how much per month and how long is the contract

Anyone a fan of the sony ericssons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Anyone a fan of the sony ericssons?

I have an SE Xperia Ray. Beautiful phone!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I have an SE Xperia Ray. Beautiful phone!

Cool. Trying to pick between an Xperia Arc or Ray. Looking for a decent camera phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Datotrunk

Blackberry and iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Cool. Trying to pick between an Xperia Arc or Ray. Looking for a decent camera phone.

My friend described the Ray as the Arc's sexy little girlfriend. Very neat and tidy phone. Camera is 8mp, same as the Arc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

as the title suggests What brand of phone do you have?

SGS 2

the daddy.

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    My friend described the Ray as the Arc's sexy little girlfriend. Very neat and tidy phone. Camera is 8mp, same as the Arc.

Haha funny way of describing it. :) Does it have a HDMI port?

Advertisement