Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tea Bag

• 02-02-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

So I’m just finishing my lunch and I’m making a cup of coffee minding my own business until one of my colleagues/superiors comes along next to me and starts to make a cup of tea.

while making this cup of tea the person in question takes a tea spoon out of the cutlery holder as you do and uses it to stir the tea bag and the milk so on so forth like any other cup of tea.....but when they finish they wipe the spoon with a tissue and put it back in the cutlery holder as if that was the most normal thing in the world, honestly I’m disgusted by this!

The person in question had a freak attack at me when i pulled them up about this saying "how much cleaner could it get" and waving the spoon in my face!

So my question to you is am i right or am i wrong ?

In my opinion wiping the spoon and putting it back is just rotten it’s not hygienic and it’s not fair on the other canteen users!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

I lick mine clean & leave it to dry naturally :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

strife wrote: »
    So I’m just finishing my lunch and I’m making a cup of coffee minding my own business until one of my colleagues/superiors comes along next to me and starts to make a cup of tea.

while making this cup of tea the person in question takes a tea spoon out of the cutlery holder as you do and uses it to stir the tea bag and the milk so on so forth like any other cup of tea.....but when they finish they wipe the spoon with a tissue and put it back in the cutlery holder as if that was the most normal thing in the world, honestly I’m disgusted by this!

The person in question had a freak attack at me when i pulled them up about this saying "how much cleaner could it get" and waving the spoon in my face!

In my opinion wiping the spoon and putting it back is just rotten it’s not hygienic and it’s not fair on the other canteen users!

You better hope you never get to see how your food is prepared in the canteen ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I just toss the spoon aside someone else will clean it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

You are so wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

I dry it with my cacks before putting it back in the drawer. Not before I rub it inside every cup in the press first though.

Sometimes when I want to shave me hole I use a teaspoon to lift a ball out of the way so I can get a good smooth run with the razer. Then I swap to the other ball. Once my hole is smooth I wash it under the hot tap and put it back where I got it................. In the sugar bowl.

You should pop round for a cuppa sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

So let me get this straight, he took a spoon, dipped it in boiling water, wiped it with a tissue (presumably new?) and put it back. Is that right?

Cos to my mind, that spoon is now cleaner than it was before he touched it. What exactly is your issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

It was in a cup with boiling water it's probably cleaner than it was before!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Did he tell you to go eat lunch with your real friends.... The Spoons!!!

xzanti wrote: »
    Did he tell you to go eat lunch with your real friends.... The Spoons!!!

I like spooning:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

If you are disgusted by this then under no circumstances investigate how food is generally prepared in factories and kitchens.

You would not believe what you have ingested over the years.

I would go so far as to say you more that likely have unintentionally ingested copious amounts of sperm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

That is the worst thing to happen to anybody ever.

I'm not surprised you're so upset. I think you should take it to an employment tribunal.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

I like spooning:D

I like teabagging:D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭strife

So let me get this straight, he took a spoon, dipped it in boiling water, wiped it with a tissue (presumably new?) and put it back. Is that right?

Cos to my mind, that spoon is now cleaner than it was before he touched it. What exactly is your issue?

I dont know that the tissue was new, it looked to me to be crumpled and on the go for a while!
    The issue is the fact that the spoon was used!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

are you the type of person who moans about everything in work. dont be annoying other people and just move on. bring in your own spoons if you have a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭bicardi19

I would go as far to say............ get back to work and quit your bitchin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Lol OP needs to get out more..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

No sagging balls in a lady's mouth???

This thread has disappointed! Nothing to see here folks :(

If you are disgusted by this then under no circumstances investigate how food is generally prepared in factories and kitchens.

I would go so far as to say you more that likely have unintentionally ingested copious amounts of sperm.

That's why you should never order a milk shake in the george!
    I dont know that the tissue was new, it looked to me to be crumpled and on the go for a while!

You're a germ freak aren't you?
    My missus is like you, bugs the fúcking hell out of me and everyone that knows her.
    Try to change, for your sake and everyone elses.
    The spoon won't kill anyone. I promise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Mercurius

I don't see why you brought the tea bag into it, OP.

Thread title disappoints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Problem: Work colleague's handling of office cutlery, namely tea spoons, is unhygenic.

Solution: Bring own tea spoons to Work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Op I think you are overacting a bit . I would say that the spoon was cleaner when he put it back. IMHO you owe this person for over reacting and you need to calm down a bit the only one getting upset is yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Misleading thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

should the thread not be called the tea spoon? seems the tea bag is getting an awful name for itself when it was the innocent party in all this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Disappointing. I thought this thread was going to be about something entirely different.

Ah well, off to check that other thread, "The Rusty Trombone".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Percentage of users who opened this thread thinking it was about the sexual practice of teabagging: 100%

Percentage of users who opened this thread thinking it was about unclean spoons: 0%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Get back to work!

Sincerely,

Your colleague/superior

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Seeing as the thread title is about tea bags, I'm just going to state that my chosen brand is Barrys.

Seeing as the thread title is about tea bags, I'm just going to state that my chosen brand is Barrys.

I hope Barry is your OH :eek: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Mercurius

whitewave wrote: »
    should the thread not be called the tea spoon? seems the tea bag is getting an awful name for itself when it was the innocent party in all this...

It's like the Irish Independent Pole dole troll all over again.

Just when I was getting over it, now this.

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    I hope Barry is your OH :eek: :P

Jeez KFallon, where you been the last few days? I have a "Gary" not a Barry! And I will not discuss any further my drinking habits of said 'arry's :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

oh you've done it now.

I kinda agree with the OP on this. to the person that said it's coming from boiling water etc., it's not, the boiling water has been put in a cup with a tea bag in it as well as presumably sugar. while not the most gross thing in the world obviously, it's still gross. sure the argument could always be well there's nothing wrong with just a bit of cabbage on my fork, and I did wipe it off with my sleeve, so shut up complaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭irelandrover

But its not just hot water. It also tea and milk. What if you were allergic to milk, or you didn't like the taste of tea. OP is completely right IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭ronjo

But its not just hot water. It also tea and milk. What if you were allergic to milk, or you didn't like the taste of tea. OP is completely right IMO

Then you probably wont have much need for a tea spoon..

Jeez KFallon, where you been the last few days? I have a "Gary" not a Barry! And I will not discuss any further my drinking habits of said 'arry's :eek:

I have obviously not been frequenting the same threads as your good self!

I have a 'Gary' too....took a big dump out of it this morn too :pac:

It is about time boards had a Teabag appreciation thread, welldone OP.

Teabags one of the greatest inventions EVER, the inventor should have won a Nobel.

Mine is Barrys.

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    I have obviously not been frequenting the same threads as your good self!

I have a 'Gary' too....took a big dump out of it this morn too :pac:

:D
    Ah so you do remove the finger now and again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

wait you aren't concerned about the fact that the tissue might have been used but are worried that the teaspoon was dropped into boiling water for a few seconds and then (probably) air dried and wiped.

OP how do you wash dishes?

and i'd be concerned if the tissue was green, otherwise no problem!

:D
    Ah so you do remove the finger now and again?

That's what caused it :(

For what it's worth I'm a Lyons Tea but tbh I'm not that bothered, hardly ever drink tea and once someone washes the spoon after them I'm ok with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Percentage of users who opened this thread thinking it was about unclean spoons: 0%

I was hoping for this and I am not disappointed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

you a rent boy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Your a nut, probably has OCD or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jimmy Macnulty

Jesus OP you have fcuk all to be worrying about!

Personnally I would run the spoon under the tap dry it and back in the drawer with her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭policarp

Next time you're having tea use a fork and say nothing to no one. . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bordsie

Stick your spoon up your arse OP, its warm there too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I am upset about this too, how could your colleague forget to spit on the spoon before wiping with the tissue? Rookie move.

Tea Spoon Cleaning 101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'll tell ya somethin thats disgusted me even more. Lyons teabags have gotten Smaller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

OP, you need to erect the following sign in the cafateria:
    Office Spoon Maintenance Standards

Out of respect for your colleagues, you are expected to leave all spoons as you found them. The steps below outline the procedure required to adhere to office spoon maintenance standards.

Step 1:
    Line a shallow tray with a sheet of tin foil. Fill with warm water, about 5 centimetres deep. Add to this a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda (you will also need to wash this spoon) and swirl gently with your fingers to mix.

Step 2:
    Place the dirty spoon(s) in the tray and leave for about 10 minutes. The bicarbonate of soda and water will lift the dirt and grease from the spoon(s) and bring out the shine.

Step 3:
    After 10 minutes, using surgical gloves to avoid contamination, remove the spoon(s) and rinse under a warm tap to remove and last traces of dirt. Leave to dry naturally.

Step 4:
    Once dry take a soft, clean cloth and buff. This will remove any water spots and make the spoon(s) gleam.

Please note, this is not an exhaustive guide to spoon care. These are the minimum expected standards. Should you feel you require further guidance in this matter, please consult the employee handbook or contact the Human Resources Department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Christ, I've stirred Tea with the arse end of a dinner fork.

No, I don't stick forks up my arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

You're wrong, grow the **** up

I am having a cup of tea now, made with a teabag, the next best invention after the teabag was the electric kettle....Luxury...

Great thread OP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement