Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ultimate Blusher

• 02-02-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

After the traumatic loss of a Bobbi brown shimmer brick falling onto the sink and crumbling into water <despair:eek:> I need to replace it with a much cheaper version. I am looking for a pink/peach blush with golden undertones or something with a nice sheen?
    Thanks in advance,

A not so shimmery shimmery. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

me me me have really nice blushes, they are sold in super drug, one is just like the benefit Coralista! costs about 12e I think me%20me%20me%20blush%20me%20rouge%20and%20coral%203%5B6%5D.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Personally I'm a big fan of NARS blushers and I think they're worth investing in. NARS Orgasm has a nice shimmer to it and if you like really shimmery, there's Super Orgasm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

This is a really good blusher and it comes in a bronzed colour as well. So so cheap too, added bonus!shimmer-shades.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I usually use Benefit - however there are pricey and when I ran out the last time I found Catrice filled the gap admirably.

http://www.catrice.eu/products/face/blush/detail/product/multi-colour-blush-040.html

I got a new Benefit for Christmas but still the Catrice one sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

the balm do a blusher thats v similar to nars orgasm, u can get them in awear think its about 10 euros but it lasts ages. also my cosmetics (boots) do that a gorgeous bubblegum pink v similar to mac for 12 euro again its a big pan. one of my faves is stila in dancer which i got on allcostmeticswholesale for about $6! but their stock changes all the time, worth a look though. beautyemporium.ie were having a big sale on stock in jan too not sure if its still on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Sleek Makeup do a blusher called Rose Gold, which is very nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Candid coral by elf studio is great. Peach with gold sheen to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭shimmery

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your suggestions- I would love to get the superdrug one but unforch i do not live near one of those stores. Ive heard too that nars are quite good too but my shoestring budget does not stretch that far :( im thinking something affordable along the lines of maybelline or bourjois although i will check out the collection 2000 when i hit boots next. the candice blush looks great but I cannot put bronzer on my face as it really looks like my face is dirty when i wear it!its so hard to tell with blusher in the shops. :rolleyes:

kandr10 wrote: »
    Candid coral by elf studio is great. Peach with gold sheen to it.

Do you know where this can be purchased?

Im all about the sheen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

You can get elf stuff off the elf website. http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/

The Catrice on I actually got is Riviera Rose (010) not the darker one and it is very light and subtle - I am pretty fair. I don't wear bronzer either ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Since you're a bobbi brown fan, have a looky at these....

http://www.boots.com/en/17-Instant-Glow-Shimmer-Brick_1244782/

in Pink and Bronze, I haven't seen them in the flesh but they look promising, and shimmery.:)

Giselle wrote: »
    Since you're a bobbi brown fan, have a looky at these....

http://www.boots.com/en/17-Instant-Glow-Shimmer-Brick_1244782/

in Pink and Bronze, I haven't seen them in the flesh but they look promising, and shimmery.:)

I like the look of them too, thanks :)

this is the look i am trying to achieve, and i know my actual face is not the same, but if i could glow like that i'd be happy :) its so luminous..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

i'm pretty sure sleek do shimmer bricks as well, and they were cheap enough on beauty emporium!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

The body shop do shimmer brick style things too. I have the bronze shade which I use in summer for bronzing (naturally :)) and as shadow. It gives that glow you're talking about but with no chunky glitters. The blush shade was also lovely but I didn't purchase it myself. Good reviews on makeupalley though. It's not as cheap as some of the other suggestions at about 20 euro.

Might be worth considering ordering from the sleek website. Pick up an eye palette or two as you're there to make the postage worthwhile :p

the body shop
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeazSt-bJuvguqOIJpGOdP6IVDhG5rBlO-h0t7kQ-KqoPT8nMI

http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~160.htm

Just another plus for elf btw, they are really pigmented so you only need the slightest tap into the stuff to get enough for both cheeks! Sleek are similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I'm not a fan if the Elf studio blush, I didn't find them very pigmented and they were a little gritty. good for the price though, if you can use a code with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I 2nd the recc for Sleek Rose Gold. Have this and NARS Orgasm, the Sleek in my opinion is better. Can be had from beautyemporium.ie :)

Thanks a mil, think il give the sleek rose gold a go, it wont be too hard a hit on the laser :)

Advertisement