Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ottoneu Fantasy Baseball

• 02-02-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of Ottoneu. It's a fantasy game run through the Fangraphs website. Anyway, long story short, I recently found myself elevated to the status of commissioner in a league that's heading into its second year and there's a good chance that two or three teams are going to be open. There's already three Irish guys in the league, more would be no harm at all.

Here's the information page on the game generally:

http://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/support

It is based on statistics like wOBA and FIP rather than your usual fantasy fare, but it's very easy to follow, and it's very enjoyable. After playing it last year, I would personally much prefer it to any of the traditional forms of fantasy baseball. It does take a little bit of time each day to get the most out of it, but it more than rewards that too. Oh, and it costs $9.99 per year, but again, more than worth it.

Here's the league I'm in:

http://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/43/home

If anyone is interested, they can contact me here or email me at obriendg at tcd dot ie. I can talk to you then about what teams might be available. Team owners will be finalised within the next week so if anyone is interested, best get on to me in the next couple of days.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 izzy33

I'd be interested in joining in the league. I found this thread through a Google Alert I had setup for 'ottoneu'.

If you want to remove a current owner from their team, the commissioner can go in and click the 'abandoned team' box.

This will send the team to a public area where people can claim the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Can't access site off my phone, I'm assuming reg fee is for admin and not a prize pool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 tumbling_dice

izzy33 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in joining in the league. I found this thread through a Google Alert I had setup for 'ottoneu'.

If you want to remove a current owner from their team, the commissioner can go in and click the 'abandoned team' box.

This will send the team to a public area where people can claim the team.

Izzy, that's great to hear you're interested; email me at the address in the first post, will you please? I don't want to abandon teams just yet because they were getting snapped up very quickly last week. If I have your email address, I can tell you what teams are available and then, once you have decided which one you want, the main Ottoneu guys can just swap you in without ever abandoning the thing. That sound ok?
    8-10 wrote: »
    Can't access site off my phone, I'm assuming reg fee is for admin and not a prize pool?

8-10, that's right. The fee is admin. There is an option to have prize leagues but this one is not played for money. Ottoneu is cool; there's forty man rosters and unlimited keepers year-on-year so what that does is really bring minor leaguers into play and also makes it so that there's much more to be had from playing in the same league for multiple years. You build your team, you like the guys on it, you keep them all! Seriously, this is a different league (apologies, no pun intended) from traditional ESPN/Yahoo/CBS fantasy baseball. It's just a lot, lot better (that being my own opinion of course).

Anyway, if you'd like to take a look at the teams, shoot me an email to the address in the first post and we'll sort it out.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 tumbling_dice

Actually need a stand-in drafter for this now if anyone fancies what would in effect be a quality mock auction draft, this Saturday around 10 or 11 pm (the time being slightly flexible)?

Advertisement