Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting pets spayed

Options
  • 02-02-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Thanks to so many a$$h0les abandoning their pets following Christmas my mother-in-law has rescued two young female cats. She wants to get them spayed/neutered, but being a pensioner this is going to be a huge huge outlay for her.

Does anyone know of anyway she can get a discount or "two-for-one" deal for getting it done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Contact some of the rescue groups, they sometimes give out vouchers for spaying and neutering cats. I'm not sure if sligo animal rescue do but I think it's mayo spca or mayo cat rescue give out vouchers to everyone regardless of income but they can only be used in a vets in castlebar. Also ring around a few vets and ask them about prices and if they could knock a few euro off if you brought them in on the same day, the worst that can come of it is a no.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Op, fair play to ye for taking care of the poor things. Try Sabine Conboy who is vet near ballygawley. They are excellent vets with no frills. I bring my 3 to her and she gives a much better deal than the vets in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Thanks for the recommendation.

Advertisement