Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 player games PC

Options
  • 02-02-2012 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for good two player games for PC that can be played with xbox controllers.

I have a racing game and not interested in Soccer or 1st person.

The only game I can think of is one of the NHL series.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

There's a sega game or two about driving around in a buggy shooting stuff up which I think is multiplay on one PC (was part of the Christmas coal list).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Decent multiplayer action/adventure/puzzle game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35130/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Trine - two Xbox controllers defo work and it is an AWESOME game. I'm sure Trine 2 is similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Lego star wars, lego batman etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

ionapaul wrote: »
    Trine - two Xbox controllers defo work and it is an AWESOME game. I'm sure Trine 2 is similar.

This one is hilarious fun. And pants optional!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Any of the Virtua Tennis games
    Worms Reloaded
    Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing
    Jamestown
    Dirt 3
    F1 2011
    Street Fighter IV and AE
    Nearly every retro game run under an emulator

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Jamestown was in the Humble Bundle not too long ago, fun game and local PC multiplayer: http://store.steampowered.com/app/94202/

Dungeon Defenders is meant to be a good laugh too - not sure about Xbox controller compatibility, but I'd say it's ok: http://store.steampowered.com/app/65800/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Nody wrote: »
    There's a sega game or two about driving around in a buggy shooting stuff up which I think is multiplay on one PC (was part of the Christmas coal list).
    Renegade Ops? I'm playing it at the moment and it's absolutly fantastic fun. Think somewhere between a remake of Desert Strike, Swiv with some Micro Machine madness thrown in all wrapped up in a twin stick shooter. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

gizmo wrote: »
    Renegade Ops? I'm playing it at the moment and it's absolutly fantastic fun. Think somewhere between a remake of Desert Strike, Swiv with some Micro Machine madness thrown in all wrapped up in a twin stick shooter. :D

Just checked the trailer. You've just sold me a copy. Thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

gizmo wrote: »
    Yes, that would be the one :) It's a nightmare to try to play using keyboards though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Nody wrote: »
    Yes, that would be the one :) It's a nightmare to try to play using keyboards though :(
    I wouldn't even attempt it without a twin analog controller. How else can you drive around in circles playing pin the railgun on the tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Worms is a must, forgot about that one. Street fighter should be good. I'll be playing with lads that don't do a lot of gaming though which is the problem with many new games just being to complicated for quick games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Shiminay wrote: »
    Jamestown was in the Humble Bundle not too long ago, fun game and local PC multiplayer: http://store.steampowered.com/app/94202/

Dungeon Defenders is meant to be a good laugh too - not sure about Xbox controller compatibility, but I'd say it's ok: http://store.steampowered.com/app/65800/

Dungeon defenders does support controllers and jamestown you can play 4 player local with 2 pads 1 on mouse 1 on keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

You've already mentioned you have a racer but Split Second is good fun in splitscreen. Like Mario Kart made by Micheal Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Get the old sidescrollers as mentioned by Endermann on emulator, Things like Metal Slug or Aliens&Predator etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Magicka springs to mind, great game.

Advertisement