Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

261 quistion

Options
  • 02-02-2012 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

i have played over a 100 battles in the 261 and i am still struggling with it compared to the 212. the flatter trajectory is the main cause and i cant seem to find the correct area to aim.
    in the 212 you could put the crosshairs directly on top of the tank.

from reading the forums the advise is mixed.
    1 . aim in front of the tank.
    2. aim behind.
    3 make sure the green dot ( not crosshair) is on the tank.
    4. crosshair near the front, green dot behind

i have tried them all , but still miss a lot more than in the 212 which had less accuracy and the splash is ****e, so you need to hit. in general i hate playing arty but since i have it, i might as well learn how to use it properly.

so the question is, where is the best place to aim. a sreenshot would ideal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

i always put crosshair just other side of tank as shell coming in at angle seems to work for me pretty accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I always just try to fill as much of the reticule with the tank I'm targeting.

I'll initially start with the crosshair near the edge of the tank that is closest to me.

i.e if the tank is facing me, the crosshair would be sort of on its 'bonnet' and if its side on, the crosshair will be on the edge of the tank.

They have completely FUBAR arty accuracy, so you have to be clever and give yourself the best chance of a hit, or at least splash damage.

Always let your aim zoom right in before shooting, and as I said, it doesn't really matter where the crosshair is, once you have the tank roughly in the middle of your reticule, filling as much of it as possible.

Obviously hitting moving targets will require a bit more practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dathi Horizon

http://www.crocko.com/E9259785895F4CA0A9199C0E3B0BD792/20120203_1444_ussr-Object_261_fjord.wotreplay

Battle i had today with my 261, might give you a few ideas from looking at my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

aim past if its on a downhill slope , add .25 mtr per 100 if on level surface (my guess) , 2 secs lead on target 4-500m moving

Advertisement