Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted Student accomodation: looking for digs/ boarding house 3-5nights a week

• 02-02-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi there

I am a 24 year old final year student. I have been commuting but it is not working out with early starts and late finishing times in UCD.
    I have looked at Daft and other sites not seeing anything that's 100%suitable. I wanto avoid committing to a lease, if I can. Saying that anyone out there with a room in your house free, or knows a mate who has a free room. I can afford about €350-400. I am also open to:

a) Digs Sunday/Monday to Thursday night (with some meals).
    b) a B&B/ boarding house where I would be staying 3-5 nights each week depending on price

The accommodation would preferably be within walking distance of UCD and be friendly and modern.

Looking to move in immediately or by the end of February 2012.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I've known people who've been in similar situations, who've gone to actual guest houses / B&Bs and offered to pay a monthly rate. Most places would bite your hand off for 350e a month guaranteed. Just call / email any ones that are close to UCD, say you'll be there 3/4 nights a week and offer 350e for 3/4 nights a week, per month.

Might not work as well if you intend on leaving lots of belongings in Dublin, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 POR4

Hi, We live in Ballinteer and have done digs for UCD students before. It may be too far for you, check out routes etc. It's a family home with two children, and the room is an attic conversion away from said children !!! Let me know if you're interested and we can talk. Work in third level myself, so understand the need for that final push in the end with no distractions.

Advertisement