Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League Round 2 5/2/2012 8.30

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

TheFairy wrote: »
    The m320 is a noob toob, not the RPG. I think there's some mix up here. We'll always use m320's at the start of a round, to clear walls etc, so you will get hit with them, though as the game goes on we tend to just use bullets.
    I thought you said anything goes? So what's wrong with using the M320? I'm not actually sure why I got into this argument as I couldn't care less what weapons are used! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

think fairys ref to blazer saying using rpg's on inf is noobtubing , tho really a m320 is a noobtube.
    Blazer wrote: »
    because it was constant...I don't mind coming around a corner and meeting a guy with a rpg who fires at me instead of a tank....but when you're 30 seconds into a game and there isn't a tank in miles and you have 2 guys rpg'ing then it's noobtoobing..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ABE wrote: »
    think fairys ref to blazer saying using rpg's on inf is noobtubing , tho really a m320 is a noobtube.
    because it was constant...I don't mind coming around a corner and meeting a guy with a rpg who fires at me instead of a tank....but when you're 30 seconds into a game and there isn't a tank in miles and you have 2 guys rpg'ing then it's noobtoobing..

Ah man u ruined it,
    I was watching the two lads having a hop of each other and wondering when they would cop it :)

Ah man u ruined it,
    I was watching the two lads having a hop of each other and wondering when they would cop it :)
    Thanks J. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

lol :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I had a lol at the RPG barrage flying my way whilst I was in a seemingly indestructible building on Damavand Peak (the bomb was next to the building), as not one RPG went through a window to hit me, so I continued taking pot shots back at random people with a shotgun :P

the_syco wrote: »
    I had a lol at the RPG barrage flying my way whilst I was in a seemingly indestructible building on Damavand Peak (the bomb was next to the building), as not one RPG went through a window to hit me, so I continued taking pot shots back at random people with a shotgun :P

christ stop...I had told one squad to destroy the buildings and saw the rpg's flying in...looks back up and frakking building was still there....:mad:
    stupid destruction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

:mad:
    Epic fail. Also, if I'm pointing an RPG at a tank, it's a bad idea to get in front of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Match will be on our 32 man server, will give pass to KD asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Any free spaces for this tonight ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

yup Alpha have spaces

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Confirming myself for tonight. I had a bit of a panic this morning. I decided for the first time in my life, to update the BIOS. I used Asus suite and did it through windows rather than using a thumb drive. After install pc rebooted and I was left looking at a blank screen for over half an hour, nothing happening! I was almost having cold sweats, until it dawned on me that the monitor I use as my primary monitor, is actually the monitor in my second DVI slot on my GPU, so I turned on my second monnitor and held my breath.....thankfully there was my now updated BIOS screen waiting for my input, Phew!

Just for final confirmation, will we be using (Alpha squad) TS or this mumble thing spoken about earlier? Ive not used mumble before. Pretty easy to use I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

We used alpha squad on the boards ts last time so id say stay with that

dreamers75 wrote: »

yup Alpha have spaces

Cool how do I join in with them ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kefa

Boards Teamspeak server details

I should be around for Alpha too.

Will Shiminay be available to setup the server for Alpha v Craggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

join boards TS and go into the Alpha channel around 8ish

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Looking forward to tonight. TIG gonna get destroyed by Delta :P

I think Alpha is going to win! I wonder how many will turn up.

Is the Boards vs Craggy match on the boards server?
    Any links to it?
    I only see the ranked one.

oh no I wish I hadnt overclocked now. Had a few crashes in BF3, despite putting everything back to default !! aagggh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm here, what TS server are we using? I can configure the Boards Server for whatever, someone just let me know what :)

dreamers75 wrote: »

join boards TS and go into the Alpha channel around 8ish

Is it boards TS or craggy TS ??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Shiminay wrote: »
    I'm here, what TS server are we using? I can configure the Boards Server for whatever, someone just let me know what :)

Can you put sub sections under Alpha & Delta for squads within the team. Like Squad A,B,C,D

Shiminay wrote: »

sweet :) go ahead with that

Is it boards TS or craggy TS ??
    Depending on if you want to give away yer strategy, join Craggy...otherwise join Boards. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

OK, as far as I know, Boards.ie doesn't have a Team Speak server :) There's a 64 man Mumble server as a part of the BF3 server. What's the address of this Boards TS server? Also, what sort of settings am I supposed to set for the Game this evening? 2 round Conq and Rush?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

2 rounds of Karg Island, and 2 of Bazzaar

TheFairy wrote: »
    2 rounds of Karg Island, and 2 of Bazzaar

Kharg is Rush and Bazaar is conquest..

Settings:

SHOW HUD On
    TEAM BALANCE On
    BULLET DAMAGE MODIFIER IN % 100
    SHOW MINIMAP On
    3P VEHICLE CAM On