Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Wired Controller

Options
  • 02-02-2012 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭

I went to play Skyrim about 10 minutes ago and my Controller wouldn't turn on. I haven't got it insured but i'm wondering will Argos replace it back cause I only have it 2 months and its in great condition but just stopped working. I'm doubting they will so could you get it fixed somewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Is it an official controller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Meesared wrote: »
    Is it an official controller?

Yeah haven't a clue why it stopped working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

check near where it plugs into the console, there is a small length of cable about 6 or 7 inches long that detaches from the rest of the cable in case you trip over it so you dont pull console and all down. just have a try at reseating it. Pull it appart and plug back in.

After that back to argos , they are quite good at returns, failing that get on to MS had one replaced before christmas that was pulling to the left on me while I wasn't even touching the sticks :D

Oh try plugging into a different usb port then into your pc and see if it gets picked up on that, to rule out a problem with your console. When you connect it to a PC it should try to download a driver automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

calex71 wrote: »
    check near where it plugs into the console, there is a small length of cable about 6 or 7 inches long that detaches from the rest of the cable in case you trip over it so you dont pull console and all down. just have a try at reseating it. Pull it appart and plug back in.

After that back to argos , they are quite good at returns, failing that get on to MS had one replaced before christmas that was pulling to the left on me while I wasn't even touching the sticks :D

Oh try plugging into a different usb port then into your pc and see if it gets picked up on that, to rule out a problem with your console. When you connect it to a PC it should try to download a driver automatically.

I have tried hooking it up to other Xbox etc but no good. Its like its dead. I'll have to bring it back to Argos if they don't replace it i'll get on the phone to Microsoft. How long did it take them to send you out the new controller & did you have to post them the faulty controller. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

GTR63 wrote: »
    I have tried hooking it up to other Xbox etc but no good. Its like its dead. I'll have to bring it back to Argos if they don't replace it i'll get on the phone to Microsoft. How long did it take them to send you out the new controller & did you have to post them the faulty controller. Thanks.

3 weeks door to door, I used the online text chat thing they have to report it, worked well, they gave me the option of posting or emailing a DHL label and a link to the dhl site so I could schedule a pick up. DHL arrived on time collected it and 3 weeks later I had a new controller/ All very smooth. Only reason I didn't send it back with argos was in my case it was the controller that came with my xbox and they wanted the whole package back to send to MS and told me the alternative was to deal with ms directly so I did, as I didn't want to send a 2 month old console back for the sake of the controller :D

If it is just a wired controller they (Argos) should be your 1st port of call, they will likely swap it out there and then if it's in stock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement