Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sexism isn't real

• 02-02-2012 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Women do better in school than men: women are naturally better
    Men make more money than women: sexism

There's more women in college than men: women are naturally better
    There's more men in top level jobs and political offices: sexism

Do women actually believe sexism is still holding them back? And does their own hypocrisy not bother them?
    I'm not talking about women's rights in the Middle East, or using examples from the 1950's. In the modern developed world, sexism doesn't exist, but (lots of, not all) women absolutely refuse to accept that they're no longer victims

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

skregs wrote: »

Do women actually believe sexism is still holding them back? And does their own hypocrisy not bother them?
    I'm not talking about women's rights in the Middle East, or using examples from the 1950's. In the modern developed world, sexism doesn't exist, but (lots of, not all) women absolutely refuse to accept that they're no longer victims

Actually, it seems it does exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

You make no sense whatsoever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

People judge women on their weight and appearanes and how many partners they've had etc far more than they do men. Unfortunately it's alive and well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Men make more money than women

There's more men in top level jobs and political offices

What do you think is behind those facts?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

What do you think is behind those facts?

Sexism, yeah :rolleyes:

And when women are better at something, it's just a way of life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Sexism was always around and probably will be with regards to attitudes etc.

Women are equally as guilty as men of it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Hmmm. Another woman bashing thread...not even in disguise...

*Gets popcorn and a coke*.

If you think men are in more higher-paid jobs and political positions because they're better at those jobs than women, tell me what it is that makes them better.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

racism, sexism. they're all natural human things. just accept them and go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Right, so you have no answer. Resorting to this thing :rolleyes: shows the weakness/non-existance of your argument. If you have words, logic, sense, facts etc, let's hear them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Guy with 4 years managing a bar experience versus good looking girl for barman/girl job in sydney, Guess who got the job, Was funny seeing his face when she got the call though:p

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

If you think men are in more higher-paid jobs and political positions because they're better at those jobs than women, tell me what it is that makes them better.

I never said men are better at those jobs, try reading what I actually say instead of leaping to conclusions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Men die younder: women are naturally better
    Women arent allowed beards: sexism

Women get 1 more piece of underwear: women are naturally better
    Men have more things contained in their underwear: sexism

This is fun:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Right, so you have no answer. Resorting to this thing :rolleyes: shows the weakness/non-existance of your argument. If you have words, logic, sense, facts etc, let's hear them.

Both genders are sexist but women make more noise about it

I never said men are better at those jobs, try reading what I actually say instead of leaping to conclusions

I didn't presume that was what you thought. I didn't know what your opinion on the matter was (it wasn't clear from reading what you wrote) so I wanted to know if that was what you thought.

So can you tell me: if sexism doesn't exist, what's the reason for the disproportionate number of men in high-power positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Well, only one bloke started this retarded thread.

Score one for Team Vag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

So can you tell me: if sexism doesn't exist, what's the reason for the disproportionate number of men in high-power positions?

Men are taller. They can see better jobs that are further away

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

No frickin' way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

No frickin' way.

Sexist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement