Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

are glossybox & carmine the same company?

• 02-02-2012 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭

hey all was just wondering has anyone noticed this? their websites are identical, both their boxes were delayed this month and now both are running competitions to win a trip to Paris or a years supply of either box!

i've always thought glossybox was more skincare while carmine was more makeup so it would actually make sense, that if people complain about whats in the glossybox they unsubscribe and do carmine instead, unaware they are paying the same company? even their customer service emails are identical in layout, font etc! surely it can't be coincidence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I wondered this too - I subscribe to GB and when I went to Carmine to compare it to GB they prompted me to register and they had filled in my name and email address already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,497 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Carmine are Carmine Interactive Ltd at Lacon House, 84 Theobald’s Road, London WC1X 8RW.

Glossybox are Beauty Trend UK Limited at 2 Omega Place, London, N1 9DR

So, separate companies. TRheir privact policies are quite different, so the websites aren't "the same". That isn't to say they don't have links.
    Saorenza wrote: »
    I wondered this too - I subscribe to GB and when I went to Carmine to compare it to GB they prompted me to register and they had filled in my name and email address already.
    That may be your browser auto-filling the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

It has never happened on any other site though....

What I mean is instead of me deciding to register and hovering over the form and being offered a choice of the name, etc I usually fill in I got something like -
    Do you wish to create an account - your name is Saorenza McGuffin and your email is saorenza@blahblah.com.

Advertisement