Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I ever going to get UPC?

• 02-02-2012 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭

I recently ordered your 25mb package, when I ordered it I told UPC over the phone that there may have been issues when the line upgrades etc were taken place and that our house may not be connected, they told me it would be fine and if it did not work I could simply ring them and they would send out a technician.

I received a modem on the 24st of January, it did not receive any signal so I rang up and was told that a technician would be out on the 26th. The technician arrived on the 26th and told me that there was nothing he could do, the house wasn't connected and that they would call me about it. I didn't receive a phone call so on the 30th I called UPC and they informed me that they had scheduled somebody to come out on the 31st.

On the 31st, I was at home all day and didn't see anybody from UPC arrive, nor did I receive a note saying that they had. I called up UPC and was told that they had arrived, but that the house needed a new 'tap' and that they would be back on Thursday the 2nd.

On Thursday 2nd (today) I arrived home and there was no sign of UPC people, I phoned up, and was told they would be coming in the afternoon and that she would ring the technicians who would then give me a call telling me roughly when they would arrive, I never received this phone call. She also informed me that the technicians may not have actually gotten to my house on the 31st. The technicians have not shown up today, making this two appointments in a row that they have missed without warning and thus dragging along the saga and leaving us still without the upc broadband service.

I PMd that to the UPC rep from boards a few minutes ago but I want to see what everyone else thinks about this, I'm beginning to think that I'm being strung along here, especially given the 2 missed appointments.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

I've heard horror stories about UPC's customer support lines and blatant lying by them and technicians! I'm not half surprised.

Eircom customer support line isn't much better, if i have a problem, i use Boards now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Hmmm, I'm waiting for a reply from UPC Dave atm, hopefully he can do better than the call centres.

Rang them earlier again, the people in the callcentre seem nice and helpful but I have to wonder whether they are telling the truth. She said they were still due to come today and that I would get a call if they didn't. They haven't come and I haven't received a call from anybody. No reply from Dave either. Joke.

So Dave replied last night saying he would get somebody to contact me, I haven't been contacted. Just sent an email to support, can't wait to see what useless junk they reply with. I just want to avail of their service, they're not doing a great job of enabling me to do so.

Advertisement