Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibrepilot?

Options
  • 02-02-2012 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭

So late last september i got a nice little letter from eircom through my door announcing this amazing upgrade eircom were begginning to deploy in my area that would improve broadband speeds by at least 100 percent or more. The letter stated we will be keeping you informed on this brilliant new upgrade that only a select few areas are being offered as a pilot.
    Great i thought i can always use faster broadband so i waited and waited for these updates and none came, meh i said ill just check their website on the matter http://www.fibrepilot.ie/index and there was also absolutely no updates since the fantastic announcement.
    So whats the deal is it being scrapped or is it still going ahead? Also what the hell is the point in announcing a brand new network supposedly going live and then having no availability or updates to the customers you have proudly declared it to for 4 months?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

VinLieger wrote: »
    So late last september i got a nice little letter from eircom through my door announcing this amazing upgrade eircom were begginning to deploy in my area that would improve broadband speeds by at least 100 percent or more. The letter stated we will be keeping you informed on this brilliant new upgrade that only a select few areas are being offered as a pilot.
    Great i thought i can always use faster broadband so i waited and waited for these updates and none came, meh i said ill just check their website on the matter http://www.fibrepilot.ie/index and there was also absolutely no updates since the fantastic announcement.
    So whats the deal is it being scrapped or is it still going ahead? Also what the hell is the point in announcing a brand new network supposedly going live and then having no availability or updates to the customers you have proudly declared it to for 4 months?

Hi VinLieger,

Can you private message me woth your full name and address and I can canck it out with our fibre pilot team.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dob99

Hi VinLieger,

Can you private message me woth your full name and address and I can canck it out with our fibre pilot team.

Thanks, Mark

Regardless of his location, I'd be interested on hearing what Eircom has to say regarding announcing things like this (and having the NGB roll-out complete by mid-2011) and then simply remaining quiet on the matter when things don't pan out as originally stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

PM sent, thanks for the quick reply and sorry for the aggressive tone but after searching for well over and hour on both the fibrepilot website and eircoms main site as well as trying your phone lines i was unable to find a single piece of information about this.

PM sent, thanks for the quick reply and sorry for the aggressive tone but after searching for well over and hour on both the fibrepilot website and eircoms main site as well as trying your phone lines i was unable to find a single piece of information about this.

Hi VinLieger,

I got your details thanks, it may take a few days to investigate but I will be back to you early next week.

Thanks, Mark

Hi VinLieger,

I got your details thanks, it may take a few days to investigate but I will be back to you early next week.

Thanks, Mark

Any information yet?

• Advertisement

Any information yet?

Hi VinLieger,

A member of the fibre roll-out team has tried to contact you a number of times with no success, Can you PM me with the best contact number and time to give you a call.

Thanks, Mark

Got the call, thanks for the help

Got the call, thanks for the help

No problem :) Mark

Advertisement