Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some IBT questions

Options
  • 02-02-2012 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I'm considering taking the IBT training course for bikes soon but have heard they can be pricey (~500e).
    I have heard you can take them in pairs to reduce the cost, has anyone done this in the Galway area and do they know what discount they received?
    Will an IBT instructor take a group of 3 to reduce individual cost further;)?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also how much PPE is required for the IBT helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, is that sufficient?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Hi,

I'm considering taking the IBT training course for bikes soon but have heard they can be pricey (~500e).
    I have heard you can take them in pairs to reduce the cost, has anyone done this in the Galway area and do they know what discount they received?
    Will an IBT instructor take a group of 3 to reduce individual cost further;)?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also how much PPE is required for the IBT helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, is that sufficient?

A few places I have seen will reduce the cost from €450 Individually to €290 per person in pairs so it is financially better to pair off.

As for doing it in 3's, not allowed to do that. IBT trainers are limited to the max number of people they can have out on the road at any one time.

No idea of anyone in Galway that does it but hopefully someone will be a long to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fruh2theline

Great thanks. Can only find people offering it in Mayo which is obivously no good:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DF1

Apologies for hi-jacking the thread but has anyone used this company for the IBT ?

http://www.motorcycletraining.ie/initial-basic-training-syllabus.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Great thanks. Can only find people offering it in Mayo which is obivously no good:mad:.

John at http://www.galwaymotorcycleschool.com/ does them, no sounder man

Join Ireland Weather Network

Nice one! Don't know this didn't crop up with google....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

The RSA website has a list of all approved IBT instructors and you can search by county here

Mo Garvey is based in Ennis but covers Galway. Excellent instructor and good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

A couple of guys i know have trained with this guy and rate him highly, i dont actually know him myself.

http://www.galwaymotorcycleschool.com/your_instructor.php

Im also looking at doing the IBT in the new couple of weeks as soon as i get my liscence, want to go together ? although i can only do mine mid week as i work weekends

Great thanks for the response.

The Galway motoring school offers one on one for 500e and then two on one for 400e, is it just me or is that discount a bit meagre:confused:

Would have thought something around the 300-350e mark per person sharing would be more fair.

@Notch000 I already have a buddy lined up for the IBT, thanks though.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

Sound

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Scottie Dundee

I did my IBT test with Peter Bookey at Aaron Rider Training in Finglas last week. €500 euros including bike, insurance etc. He was a great instructor. I'm glad I didn't try to share the training as I honestly believe that it wouldn't have been as in-depth. A lot of what I learned was common sense....but I didn't know it!! I hate the idea of paying that amount of money but I wouldn't advise automatically going for the cheapest without checking out what you're sacrificing in quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 remedy

hi yes im another lad looking.. not a newbie as such :rolleyes: ok so get in touch ..

would be great if there was a !! new thread !! PLEEEEEEASE (were only human) for people to hook up for the IBT only!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 remedy

Great thanks for the response.

The Galway motoring school offers one on one for 500e and then two on one for 400e, is it just me or is that discount a bit meagre:confused:

Would have thought something around the 300-350e mark per person sharing would be more fair.

@Notch000 I already have a buddy lined up for the IBT, thanks though.:pac:
    my friend phoned 1 in ennis last year and they had said they could discount pairs, non new riders/semi skilled -- in a way to suit the riders, so maybe there would suit, im lookin too ANYONE OUT THERE? ANYWHERE IS OK :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement