Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc interview - good sign to be told they'll be contacting my referees?

Options
  • 02-02-2012 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I had an interview for a funded MSc yesterday. I felt it went quite well and at the end of the interview they told me they would be contacting my referees. Is this a good sign or just standard?

I emailed today to ask when the anticipated start for the successful candidate would be and got the reply "We would like someone to start to ASAP". I don't like that "someone". :-/ Am I over-analysing? I've had a fair few interviews for various jobs and things at this stage and it gets you down. My brain is slowly turning to goo. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Anyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I think you might be overanalysing :)

Contacting your references is a good sign, but there's no way to know how many people they're doing that for.

I think it's a case of 'wait and see' :/ The best of luck with it though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Didn't get it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

:( Sorry to hear that.

At least they had the courtesy to let you know in a timely manner though, it would be worse if they strung you along not letting you know for ages or if they didn’t contact you at all. And you could always ask for feedback to see if there’s anything in particular you need to work on for any subsequent applications. I hope you find another course that suits you and the best of luck with it!

Advertisement