Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Place in Abbeygate Street

Options
  • 02-02-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

is is still open? its nice to see a bit of variety with the cuisine on offer but exotic new businesses in Galway can have short life spans.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Nah its gone. Its a chipper now. Same crowd that have the Chip Inn on the Headford Road.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

He supplies stuff to the classier section of Joyces and I think he may have a market stall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Robbo wrote: »
    He supplies stuff to the classier section of Joyces and I think he may have a market stall.

Yeah, was going to say that's still there. Don't know what kind of turnover they have on their stuff. Tried the pretzels and bread before and thought they were a bit lackluster.

Hmm, must find the pretzel/bagel guy at the market tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

Anyone been in that chipper?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Anyone been in that chipper?

Yeah dont go, they cant even speak one spark of English and wont understand what you want to order, i walked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Nah its gone. Its a chipper now. Same crowd that have the Chip Inn on the Headford Road.

brilliant, another chipper. thats all we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

newkie wrote: »
    Yeah, was going to say that's still there. Don't know what kind of turnover they have on their stuff. Tried the pretzels and bread before and thought they were a bit lackluster.

Hmm, must find the pretzel/bagel guy at the market tomorrow!

The dude is from Ballyvaughan and you get soemthing like six pretzels for 4.50 which is good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Fuinseog wrote: »
    The dude is from Ballyvaughan and you get soemthing like six pretzels for 4.50 which is good value.

I always get a baker's dozen of half pretzels and half bagels for €9. The bagels are very good and he has a good variety. Pretzles are the best I've tasted outside of Munich. They freeze well and reheat in the toaster.

My only complaint is he is only there on saturday so I can go weeks at a time before catching him.

Advertisement