Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

64bit client for Wow now available (PC and Mac)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Has anyone else tried this yet ?

Installed it myself last night and it's a massive boost in FPS. Not that I ever had any problems before but with everything on Ultra @ 1920x1200 and completely maxed out with everything else like MSAA, I'm still hitting the 100FPS cap without a single problem and it's very rare now that it dips below 100fps at all.

Game just seems to run an awful lot smoother now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

tried it but it wouldnt allow me to connect as its US launcher. Are you playing on US servers?

No, play on EU servers mostly.
    I use the Launcher to play though, rather than direct clicking on the wow64.exe or whatever. Maybe that might help ?

Although, I've been getting disconnected a lot with it when encountering a mage in Battlegrounds. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

oxo_ wrote: »
    Although, I've been getting disconnected a lot with it when encountering a mage in Battlegrounds. :(

Nah that's just their new spell :pac:

• Advertisement

Probably true :)

Reading a bit about it on their forums, seems it's not the 64bit clients fault but a known problem, happening lots of others too, random disconnects since the latest patch.

Only thing I have noticed, there seems to be a 100FPS cap when using the 64bit client which 32bit doesn't suffer from. Not that you'll ever really need such high FPS but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

I noticed a big increase in fps..today in DS i had 100fps
    usually its around 45-50
    so yeah its noticeable for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

oxo_ wrote: »
    Only thing I have noticed, there seems to be a 100FPS cap when using the 64bit client which 32bit doesn't suffer from. Not that you'll ever really need such high FPS but still...
    Ask SWTOR how uncapped FPS works out for people's graphic cards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Alot of issues with 64 bit client, needs to get refined a little bit.

I know 64bit causing alot of crashes and issues with players.
    Also seems to generate alot of issue with streamers

• Advertisement
Advertisement