Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cydia question?

• 02-02-2012 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Just got a new 4S and I am wondering is there anyway of transferring all my cydia sources and tweaks from my i4 to my new i4S after i jailbreak again.Just dont fancy having to reinstall all the sources and tweaks again?

I know of apps that will back them up and restore them aswell,but can it be done where they are backuped on 1 iphone and restored on another.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Yup. Pkg backup will do that. It saves all tweak detail to Dropbox or else to your contacts and you can let anyone else use that backup. If you are doing it the contacts way you will need to sync after the backup of your iPhone 4 and then sync to you newly jailbroken iPhone 4s so the contact info is in the new phone. It also backs up any repos etc you've installed. It's very good. If you have tweaks that you installed outside if Cydia eg through ifile, it wont restore them. It's not free but is worth it. Don't pirate a copy of it because that is wrong and although it will backup your details when you try to restore you'll fail miserably. Kind if a good way for the dev to give you a little kick for stealing his stuff.
    It's also not that difficult to take a screen shot of all the tweaks you have installed and install manually. You'll find you don't install the crappy ones you hardly ever use so will keep the newer phone cleaner. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭brian2614

Bought the app,doesnt work:mad:
    Done a backup via dropbox then went to download to my new 4S and It doesnt work.

Waste of money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

brian2614 wrote: »
    Bought the app,doesnt work:mad:
    Done a backup via dropbox then went to download to my new 4S and It doesnt work.

Waste of money
    You're doing something wrong. Honestly, it dies exactly what it says on the tin.

I have tried via dropbox and the address book option,still no joy.
    Dont think you cant use iphone 4 backup on 4S

This is all I am getting:mad:

Got it sorted:)

After I uploaded my iphone 4 backup to dropbox,I then had to the same with the 4S.Then I hit restore and picked the iphone 4 backup from dropbox and it worked,

For some reason it would not download the iphone 4 backup from dropbox till I uploaded the 4S backup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement