Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blind Side

Options
  • 02-02-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Anybody seen this? Reason I ask, Watched it today with the girlfriend. She didn't seem too pushed cause she was like its about American Football feck that n I was kinda ah its real mushy but we watched it anyway.

Amazing Film. Based on a true story, one I knew anyway being a bit of a Ravens fan (The team the person ((Michael Oher)) plays for in real life) but still it just touched the heart, had great funny lines and brilliant characters. One of the best films I've seen in a long time. No wonder Sandra Bullock won an Oscar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

tbh, I didn't find it very interesting. There were really great moments in the film, and it was melodramatic at times (which I always love), but generally the story didn't hold me there that much.
    Not a performance worthy of an Oscar IMO, but definitely a totally different Sandra Bullock of what you usually have in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

Didn't like it.

White republican family take in big dummy black man. Just meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

WatchWolf wrote: »
    Didn't like it.

Except he wasn;t dumb he as quite intelligent once he'd been given the chance....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Hated it. Melodramatic tosh. Like an episode of 7th Heaven.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Oher has looked pretty dumb out on the field, racking up the false start penalties for the Ravens

Anyway, ok film but forgettable
    The book however was superb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Underdraft

Awful movie. The worst kind of hallmark greeting-card crap that would hopefully insult the intelligence of the average viewer. My eyes nearly rolled out of the top of my head when I watched that scene with the mother driving into the middle of cracktown to give the head drug-slinger a piece of her mind. Girl power! There's stuff in Lord of the Rings or Star Wars that is more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

WatchWolf wrote: »
    Didn't like it.

Read the book and then I'm sure you'll find your opinion changes a bit. It's a gem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

should of been made for the hallmark channel

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭monkeysarecool

Loved it! Sandra bullock was great in it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

The real life couple are being sued by Michael Oher, the athlete they "adopted" or didn't as the case may be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

odd this is coming up now. retired a few years from the NFL, injured for the last part of his professional career. lots of these players go broke despite being paid vast sums of money. Due to poor understanding of the tax they have to pay off their earnings, and the many new found and old friends who gladly help them spend the money. Interesting to see where and who is advising him now

Advertisement