Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan

• 02-02-2012 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,

Just a quick query regarding an ICB report. When a financial insititution enquires about a credit card for a loan, does it check what the balance is? Or do they just check your credit card history?

I also applied for a 20k mortgage top-up about two years ago that I eventually didn't bother with. Will this also show up on ICB report?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

the icb report will give the person the balance on the loan, if they ask for it.
    any requests to check your icb info is logged on your report with the date and the name of the company.

this is my experience from looking at my own report from www.icb.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mrsoft

Thanks Random. The reason I asked is because they asked me my balance on my credit card at the time it was e1k less than it is now. So I guess they'll know by looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭roxybing

The ICB shows a rolling history for the last 24 months including the outstanding balance.

Creditors notify the icb on a monthly basis so depending what your balance was when they sent your details to the icb thats what will show on your file.

Unless you take out the credit facility it will not show on your credit report however it will show under the search history. Anytime your credit file is searched a footprint is left on file and will show under search history.

Your credit report includes:
    your name, date of birth, address(es) used by you in relation to financial transactions
    the names of lenders and account numbers of loans you currently hold, or that were active within the last five years;
    repayments made or missed for each month on each loan;
    the failure to clear off any loan;
    loans that were settled for less than you owed; and
    legal actions your lender took against you

Hope this helps

Advertisement