Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is Geomatics like?

Options
  • 02-02-2012 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

i put Geomatics down as a choice on my CAO. is anyone here doing it or knows anyone else doing it and could give me an insight into what it's like? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

seems to be interesting enough, I know a good few lads doing it, would be mostly geography, computers and surveying.
    It wouldn't be the worst choice and can lead onto many different areas post college.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I took a few modules with the Geomatics class last semester. Lots of maps/mapping, surveying, aerial/satellite imagery, remote sensing.

You might like to take a look at the Planning & Environmental Management programme. There's a certain amount of overlap between the two. http://dit.ie/study/undergraduate/programmes/planningenvironmentalmanagementdt106/

Advertisement