Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant near Vicar St

Options
  • 02-02-2012 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Heading to Vicar street next week. Can anyone recommend a nice reasonably price restaurant in or around the area. Also where would be best to park?

Don't really know that area at all

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If it's the weekend, the car park on Usher's quay (behind the currently closed petrol station) is good value at €4.00 Saturday and Sunday. It's handy to get to after the gig and rarely busy.

Restaurant-wise, you're really talking choosing from something that end of Temple Bar/Dame Street/George's Street - there isn't anything much up Vicar Street direction. There used to be a place at the end of Francis street, but it seems shut now.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

There is a place on Thomas Street called Just Off Francis - its quite good, more cafe style than restaurant though, but I would recommend it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Bull & Castle is nearby, and I think you get a free beer if you have a Vicar Street ticket. You certainly used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

There is a place on Thomas Street called Just Off Francis - its quite good, more cafe style than restaurant though, but I would recommend it

I'm 99% sure this place doesn't exist anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Just off francis is closed down now. Nothing at all up around vicar street. Bull & Castle across from Christchurch cathedral is the nearest place. only a 5-10 milnute walk though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement