Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanner v household electronics

Options
  • 02-02-2012 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

I have a base ubc860xlt which is connected to an external roof mounted aerial.
    Used be able to pick up audio a lot further and a bit clearer when i first mounted it in 2006.
    Recently i installed a wifi cctv cam and after a while of no transmissions i realised that the camera is stopping the signals.
    I use rg58 from the aerial to just inside the roof where it is connected to rg213 to the receiver.
    Any ideas how to stop this drop off.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Are you sure the camera is the issue? Turn it off first to verify, it would be unusual for it to wipe out the whole spectrum.

Check your antenna and cables also. RG58 is poor cable, especially for those frequencies. I'd recommend eliminating the joins completely and using a minimum of RG213 for the whole lot.

Obviously moving the camera as far away from the antenna/cable/scanner would help, but might not be practical.

There's so much wireless stuff around these days it's a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's more likely the camera PSU.

I see more and more PSU where to save money they leave out the filter parts, or never design them in and put a fake CE mark.

Also some CFL and LED based lamps are not filtered properly. Newer Tube fittings may be electronic ballast too and very noisy compare with old passive iron choke ballast.

Advertisement