Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor/Astro Soccer

Options
  • 02-02-2012 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

So, I'm interesting in playing some soccer. Are there any games/leagues who would be looking for some casual players in Ennis or surrounding areas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

So, I'm interesting in playing some soccer. Are there any games/leagues who would be looking for some casual players in Ennis or surrounding areas.
    This isn't a bad thread to keep going. I used to play with the fire brigade but they're a lazy bunch of feckers in that station and they stopped playing. Your best bet might be to arrive up at the astro of a Thursday night and see if anyone needs an extra body. Guy did it one night and we took his number to let him know whenever we were next playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

I would say there would be a few people interested in playing regular 5-a-side. I live in Ennis but I dont work in the area so I have never been able to find anywhere to play locally. I played in Galway in the evenings after work but you end up getting home too late. If there was a free slot some evening at one of the pitches it might be worth booking it and then trying to get 10 people together to play?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There are loads of games happening around the place, I would say that if you were to call up to Leisure World or the Rugby Club and ask the teams there if you could have a game you'd be able to get a game easily enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I know a few mates of mine who have a regular pickup match every Wednesday at 7.45 on the astro turf in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I play with a group of lads every wednesday night at 9pm at the astoturf at the leisureplex.
    We've lost a few players recently to emmigration so if anyone wants to join in you're more than welcome

We play for fun so all standards of skill and fitness are welcome. Don't worry if you haven't played before or in a long time. The ages range from 19 almost 50.

If anyone's interested, you can send me a PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 concipus

I have moved to Ennis couple of months ago, and would like to play some soccer.
    So, if someone needs casual player you can send me a PM.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Casual players can be hard to fill, I'd recommend going around to the pitches at the times you'd like to have a game with a fiver in your pocket and ask for a game, do that for a couple of weeks and you'll probably get added to a timer list.

+1 to Clareman's suggestion. You might not have too much success in the current weather but when it picks up you'll find lads who might either be short a player or would be willing to include you as lads get get tired and rotate on and off.

When the weather is sh1te and you wouldn't leave your mother in law out in it, that's when it's extremely difficult to get a game of astro.

Clareman wrote: »
    When the weather is sh1te and you wouldn't leave your mother in law out in it, that's when it's extremely difficult to get a game of astro.
    No I'd leave her out in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dara2009

Just moved to Ennis and looking for a casual game on a weekday evening, PM me if anyone needs a player...

Advertisement