Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental house up for sale

Options
  • 02-02-2012 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy,

Quick question, currently in the market for a new rental home.Been searching for a few months now and eventually a house we're interested has become available.I've viewed the house and ready to put down a deposit with the landlord.

2 questions,

1.Through my researching I've noticed that the house is also up for sale on daft.ie .Does a landlord not have to advise of this when the property is being rented?

2.The landlord only recently moved out of the house to move elsewhere, I've never dealt directly with a landlord.It's always been through letting agents, I'm starting to get the feeling he doesn't really know what he's doing and as he said to me that was he was a landlord through "accident and circumstance" Should I run a mile? Is there anything else to look out for when dealing with a Landlord directly?

Thanks for the help :)

Advertisement