Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to pay - creche drop off and collection

• 02-02-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

I need someone to drop off little one to creche and collect her at lunchtime, 4 days a week.

We live about 10 minutes from the creche if traffic is bad.

What would be a fair price to pay?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I'm not sure what's fair, but my son attends after school care in a local creche, they do the collections from local schools themselves and charge €6 per collection.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am a bit confused as to why you cannot drop and collect her?
    Maybe 20 euro a week to someone already doing a collection from the school?
    or do you need them to look after her after creche for the afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mar12345

Thanks for your input!
    The reason why I need someone is that my MIL, who is looking after her before and after creche, doesn't drive, and while the creche is only 20 minutes walk from us, it's too far when it's raining or cold!
    So it's literally just a drive in the morning and a drive at lunch, no minding involved at all :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

One of her neighbors will probably have a kid in the same school ask around:)

I only asked cause I wasn't sure if the minder was doing afternoon care too!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mar12345

that's a great idea! I'll just put a little note in the creche, thanks a mill!

• Advertisement
Advertisement