Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

why is it acceptable to give out about poles and others?

• 02-02-2012 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

One thing that I noticed recently before the article about magda in the Irish independent yesterday was the increasing willingness of people to give out about poles in Ireland. A lot of these people are middle class and the people I know would have been very welcoming to other nationalities in the boom years. The purpose of my post is not to give out about the poles, but to make the observation and ask why is no one giving out about all the blacks in the country? Is this too sensitive a subject? Will I be labeled a racist for asking this question? I think the poles by and large are a welcome addition to the country and can easily be integrated wereas some other nationalities aren't and won't. I am waiting for all the lefy keyboard warriors to attack me for my opinion but does anyone agree with me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Yes, we need more racism in this country. Anyone who disagrees is a lefty keyboard warrior, you on the other hand are a heroic figure who isn't afraid to ask the hard questions :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

It's not acceptable. Well to me anyway.
    Just demonstrates people ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

So you're not against racism, you just want to see it applied to more groups. Ok, thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

There was a black lad in the local last friday... never seen that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Ring Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭texidub

Stupid question: It's because the Irish people are known throughout the universe for being perfect in every way.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Fecking poles. Coming over here, holding our yield signs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Because they are caucasian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

ooh ooh ooh

DER TURK ER DEERS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Lapsed Catholic

By and large blacks don't compete with the Irish for jobs, therefore they're not perceived as a threat. We can bitch about the Polish without being racist, they being generally white. Most of those who complain have probably never lived abroad. What if the new generation of Irish emigrants were thought of as we do the Poles and other immigrants?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

They're in our country. They'll deal with our abuse. That's how it has worked for 100s of years, OP! Why would you try and ruin that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Get to the point OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

It's not the blacks you have to watch out for. It's the mixed race ones. They can pass themselves off as normal among both whites and blacks.

I think whites and blacks should unite against the menace of mixed race people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Polish man goes into the opticians.

The optician asked him if he could read the chart on the back wall, so the polish man starts to read it out loud, :

C, F, H, Z, N, M, Y,, X, P,, C, H

Read it?, asks the Pole, I fcuking know the guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

antodeco wrote: »
    Fecking poles. Coming over here, holding our yield signs

an' stealin' our bikes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Jake1 wrote: »
    an' stealin' our bikes

An crossin our roads, cheaper than the chicken will do it for!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Some of the Polish are fine, others, eh, not so. Same as any other nationality. I hate a lot of my fellow countrymen. Wan*ers.

One thing I've noticed in the Polish, is that many are racist and homophobic.

I worked with a Polish guy who HATED a bunch of other Polish we worked with. Apparently they were from the east, whereas he was from the west. Seems there's a big difference. :confused:

We just need a big 'Melting Pot'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs2nh9BUpL0
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

You mean it's not acceptable to yell 'KHLOW KALASH, NO SODA ONLY KHLOW KALASH' at them in Supermacs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Typewriter wrote: »
    Someone was listening to Hector the other morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

There was a black lad in the local last friday... never seen that before.

Black Roy and his white wife?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

viztopia wrote: »
    One thing that I noticed recently before the article about magda in the Irish independent yesterday was the increasing willingness of people to give out about poles in Ireland. A lot of these people are middle class and the people I know would have been very welcoming to other nationalities in the boom years. The purpose of my post is not to give out about the poles, but to make the observation and ask why is no one giving out about all the blacks in the country? Is this too sensitive a subject? Will I be labeled a racist for asking this question? I think the poles by and large are a welcome addition to the country and can easily be integrated wereas some other nationalities aren't and won't. I am waiting for all the lefy keyboard warriors to attack me for my opinion but does anyone agree with me?

Because history tends to repeat itself. During the recession in the 80's we didn't really have a lot of immigrants here to take the blame...thankfully during the boom many people came here to give us assorted groups and nationalities to speak ill of, much the same way the Irish were hated in England and American when they first went there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Oddjob

You must be new here, this site ****s themselves if any type of contentious thread is posted and one of the 7845 mods locks it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭alphanine

I understand where you are coming from. Poles are (generally) white so it's a turkey shoot.

If it was a non-white person there would be record bans on boards and sensitive PCers calling racist to beat the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Oddjob wrote: »
    You must be new here, this site ****s themselves if any type of contentious thread is posted and one of the 7845 mods locks it.

Are the liberal left wingers causing a dip in the availability of work for criminal henchmen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It's not the blacks you have to watch out for. It's the mixed race ones. They can pass themselves off as normal among both whites and blacks.

I think whites and blacks should unite against the menace of mixed race people.

Have to be careful though, if we spent too much time together we'd just end up having kids that would perpetuate the problem.

Are the liberal left wingers causing a dip in the availability of work for criminal henchmen?

Sorry, I don't work in recruitment, your father will have to look somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

This will answer all your questions op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Oddjob wrote: »
    your father will have to look somewhere else.

By far the most unusual burn I've ever come across.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Contentious topics are welcome here if actual thought goes into them, and if knuckle-dragging doesn't rear its head - but that doesn't happen. If a person has a racist view, their opinion - but all they need to do is support it adequately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Dudess wrote: »
    Contentious topics are welcome here if actual thought goes into them, and if knuckle-dragging doesn't rear its head - but that doesn't happen. If a person has a racist view, their opinion - but all they need to do is support it adequately.

Can't thank this enough. Some of the half baked threads in here beggar belief! Outlandish ideas with no experience or knowledge to back it up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

The purpose of my post is not to give out about the poles, but to make the observation and ask why is no one giving out about all the blacks in the country?

So let me parse this correctly-Poles-"sound lads...who as Catholics and white, are more easily integrated and therefore align nicely with my idea of what the racial profile of this country should be". Blacks-"skuuumbags!!! who here agrees with me?? (not that I'm racist or anything you understand)"
    Will I be labeled a racist for asking this question?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

My best friend is Polish and she gives out about the Poles aswell. In her words she has said that about 20% of them are grand and the rest not so. The 20% will integrate, will make friends with the Irish etc. while the 80% will stick to themselves, not learn English, slag off the Irish etc. etc. (her words not mine). To be honest I tend to agree with her(well about them sticking together and the English bit - which fair enough if you're in a strange country you're gonna be friends with people from your own community and in regards to English, if you're in a country that speaks predominately English, well you should make the effort!). But the same can be said for any other nationality in this country.

Also racism exists against Black people in Ireland(just ask anyone about the Nigerians and well... ;)).

To me, if someone is acting the cnut then regardless of their nationality or race then well they should be called out on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Xenophobia increases in recession shocker!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Umekichi wrote: »
    My best friend is Polish and she gives out about the Poles aswell. In her words she has said that about 20% of them are grand and the rest not so. The 20% will integrate, will make friends with the Irish etc. while the 80% will stick to themselves, not learn English, slag off the Irish etc. etc. (her words not mine). To be honest I tend to agree with her(well about them sticking together and the English bit - which fair enough if you're in a strange country you're gonna be friends with people from your own community and in regards to English, if you're in a country that speaks predominately English, well you should make the effort!). But the same can be said for any other nationality in this country.

Also racism exists against Black people in Ireland(just ask anyone about the Nigerians and well... ;)).

To me, if someone is acting the cnut then regardless of their nationality or race then well they should be called out on it.

So 80% of Poles are slagging of the Irish. Right its time they went home :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

woodoo wrote: »
    So 80% of Poles are slagging of the Irish. Right its time they went home :pac:
    :D:D:D
    If we had the policy of shipping off anyone who had a problem with the Irish well this Island would have a population of 0
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fr D Maugire

Sounds just like Irish people everywhere else they go, sticking together, no real effort to integrate, acting like dicks and slagging the locals etc. Ironically that includes when they are in English speaking countries with no cultural barriers.

How do I know this, I am Irish and lived in 6 other countries besides Ireland so know what the Irish abroad are like. Same as most other nationalities except even worse.

Well giving out about ourselves is rarely greeted around these parts without getting a few 'self-loathing paddy' jibes, sure we have to lash out at someone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

why is no one giving out about all the blacks in the country?

Obviously you are new to AH :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sounds just like Irish people everywhere else they go, sticking together, no real effort to integrate, acting like dicks and slagging the locals etc. Ironically that includes when they are in English speaking countries with no cultural barriers.

How do I know this, I am Irish and lived in 6 other countries besides Ireland so know what the Irish abroad are like. Same as most other nationalities except even worse.

I was unsure as to whether I should believe this post or not, it totally belies my experiences but the bloke is from Donegal and he's lived in 6 OTHER COUNTRIES.

That's not 3-4 countries, it's 6 countries. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Stupid is as stupid does or in this case says, if your xenophobic or racist it just merely means you still have the mentality of a spoiled child who thinks he owns his parents garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

:D:D:D
    If we had the policy of shipping off anyone who had a problem with the Irish well this Island After Hours would have a population of 0
    :pac::pac::pac:

FYP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭surime

To be honest...some of your comments don't make me feel so good about living here.. :( ( I am polish)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Ireland during the last 10 years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

.. and ask why is no one giving out about all the blacks in the country?

Oh dear.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement