Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zayed for Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Another hat-trick - http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/7655/

I say we call-up Zayed, Lee Trundle and Liam George :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That's mad, he was in my class in school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Another hat-trick - http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/7655/

I say we call-up Zayed, Lee Trundle and Liam George :D

If we're goign to start calling up players that are already playing for another country, would we not be aswell ringing Messi first?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dont want come accross as a bitter LOI fan here but one thing is fcuking glaringly obvious to us Pats fans in that article (not racism hes cnut).
    Asian Football Confederation Champions League

The result sees Persepolis climb to the top of Group D with four points after an opening day draw away to Al Hilal of Kazakhstan.

Seriously........What the the Fcuk!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Bad journo is bad. Al-Hilal are from Saudi Arabia.

The second was lovely, nice flick off the back of his heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

I always zayed he was class.

/get's coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

As dreamer said, he is one proper cnut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

bohsman wrote: »
    By listing the weather forecast are you arguing for or against Van Persie being able to do it on a cold Feb night in Tehran?

Obviously my point went above your head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Bad journo is bad.

i liked the "fanatical fans" bit personally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bad journo is bad. Al-Hilal are from Saudi Arabia.

The second was lovely, nice flick off the back of his heel.

Phew.....just about to board my flight to AFC HQ to burn their fcuking christmas tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I wonder could we get his dopey sister framed on a fake adultery charge over there when she vistis him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Bad journo is bad. Al-Hilal are from Saudi Arabia
    Al-Hilal (الهلال) is a relatively common club name in Arabic. There's clubs called that more than just Saudi: look at Sudan, Libya, Yemen, etc. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was a Kazakh Al-Hilal. In fact, that would be the reason for specifying "Al Hilal of Kazakhstan"
    stovelid wrote:
    I wonder could we get his dopey sister framed on a fake adultery charge over there when she vistis him?
    You're not a very nice person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Reekwind wrote: »
    Al-Hilal (الهلال) is a relatively common club name in Arabic. There's clubs called that more than just Saudi: look at Sudan, Libya, Yemen, etc. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was a Kazakh Al-Hilal. In fact, that would be the reason for specifying "Al Hilal of Kazakhstan"

Zayed is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

ASOT wrote: »
    Zayed is that you?

No I'm here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hi Louise.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was a Kazakh Al-Hilal. In fact, that would be the reason for specifying "Al Hilal of Kazakhstan"

It wouldn't suprise you? That's weird. Hilal is an Arabic term. Kazakhstan is not Arabic. It would make no sense to Kazakhs :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

They seem to have a fairly conventional naming system

FC Aktobe
    FC Astana
    FC Atyrau
    FC Irtysh Pavlodar
    FC Kaisar Kyzylorda
    FC Okzhetpes (Kokshetau)
    FC Ordabasy Shymkent
    FC Shakhter Karagandy
    FC Sunkar (Kaskelen)
    FC Taraz
    FC Tobol Kostanay
    FC Zhetysu Taldykorgan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Oatesy23 wrote:
    It wouldn't suprise you? That's weird. Hilal is an Arabic term. Kazakhstan is not Arabic. It would make no sense to Kazakhs
    Not quite. It's a good point to make but not that simple. Arabic is relatively commonly understood, if not spoken or used, in many countries as the de facto language of Islam. It wouldn't be spoken as a day-to-day language or anything but most Muslims would recognise a common term like 'crescent' (Al-Hilal/الهلال). A bit like how scraps of Latin survive in some Christian communities

All of which is pretty irrelevant though: I've just checked the ASF website and it confirms that the team in Group D was Al-Hilal (KSA). Bad journalism is bad journalism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Kazakh clubs arent members of the AFC anyway they belong to UEFA.

Its a number of nations that are in two continents (Turkey, Russia and Iceland) or simply play in the wrong continent (Israel, Cyprus, Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan).

Scored in the ACL again today. Making a name for himself in Asia. Top scorer with 4 goals in 3 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Kazakh clubs arent members of the AFC anyway they belong to UEFA.

Its a number of nations that are in two continents (Turkey, Russia and Iceland) or simply play in the wrong continent (Israel, Cyprus, Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan).
    Wait... Iceland?

I get that its in Europe... but where else is it supposed to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Wait... Iceland?

I get that its in Europe... but where else is it supposed to be?

Its on the European and North American continental plates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

wrote his first column of the season for extratime last week incase anyone missed it

Scored an equaliser a few minutes ago against Al Shabab. A header from close range. He seems to enjoy scoring in the Champions League rather than the Pro League.

A point will send Persepolis through to the last 32.

Advertisement