Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Pizza Hut disappeared?

Options
  • 02-02-2012 8:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭

Galway isn't listed on their website for ordering online any more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

This might answer your question, unfortunately.

http://www.daft.ie/searchcommercial.daft?id=88639

Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

I thought they had just made a larger shop. Must have been wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Never been to a pizza hut before and I always wanted to pop in there but kept putting it off. Walked past it the other day and was saddened to see it closed :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

That was a Pizza Hut Express/Delivery outlet, which isn't actually a pizza hut.

A few years ago Pizza Hut bought out Godfather pizza in Ireland and basically just rebranded it as pizzahut express, they had crap pizzas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Seaneh wrote: »

A few years ago Pizza Hut bought out Godfather pizza in Ireland and basically just rebranded it as pizzahut express, they had crap pizzas.

Yea I was going to say this. It's not real pizza hut.

Much nicer pizza around ie Monroes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

i had pizza tonight,met the woman of my dreams,she boorrowed it,siting at home not plagueing boards and shes nowhere to be seen..............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Correct. The pizza from there was absolutely awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Yea I was going to say this. It's not real pizza hut.

Much nicer pizza around ie Monroes

Monroes is hugely overpriced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

kraggy wrote: »
    Monroes is hugely overpriced.

And also hugely delicious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Apaches is ok and you can get any pizza for 10 euro. So when I do go for pizza I get a large from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Its a pity Godfathers wasn't left well enough alone. That place did lovely pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Apache Pizza happy days
    Apache Pizza happy days
    9.99 happy days

deccurley wrote: »
    Its a pity Godfathers wasn't left well enough alone. That place did lovely pizzas.

They were identical to Pizzahut Express, they didn't change a thing, just rebranded it is all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

They were identical to Pizzahut Express, they didn't change a thing, just rebranded it is all.
    So Godfathers were selling all the same pizzas Pizza Hut offered, pasta, nachos etc as well?

So Godfathers were selling all the same pizzas Pizza Hut offered, pasta, nachos etc as well?

No, pizza hut express offered all the same pizzas Godfather offered same bases sauces and toppings Pizza hut and pizza hut express are entirely different.

Pizza hut express was just god father rebranded.

They may have added to the menu a little, but the company structure, suppliers, methods etc stayed identical after the rebranding.

Either way, they were both ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Apache Pizza happy days
    Apache Pizza happy days
    9.99 happy days

If I ever meet the guy who came up with that I'm going to slice him from stem to stern with a pizza cutting wheel.

/rant

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

If I ever meet the guy who came up with that I'm going to slice him from stem to stern with a pizza cutting wheel.

/rant

'cptr

if i could thank this more than once i would

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

Goodfellas pizza were the most inept delivery resteraunt i have ever ordered from. they NEVER got my order right.. it was the wrong dip, wrong drink, wrong price etc. Mizzonis is my new pizza spot. their calzone is ****ing lush!!

dan hibiki wrote: »
    Goodfellas pizza were the most inept delivery resteraunt i have ever ordered from. they NEVER got my order right.. it was the wrong dip, wrong drink, wrong price etc. Mizzonis is my new pizza spot. their calzone is ****ing lush!!
    Go into Apache and order a roll. Nicest chicken rolls in Galway, but the most inept staff I've ever witnessed. It's a complete lottery what you actually end up with in the roll.

Weird because they always get the pizzas right, even if they have possibly the worst website on the internet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I saw a sign in the window today saying "Re-opening on Thursday" and some activity going on inside.

I'd imagine a new franchisee has taken over then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

You guys still haven't discovered Chicago Town pizza in the freezer section?

Paying more for pizza is just daft.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

newkie wrote: »
    You guys still haven't discovered Chicago Town pizza in the freezer section?

Paying more for pizza is just daft.

Oh their advertising did a number on you alright :D

Noticed a wee add in the paper (Galway Independent?) today for PHD Galway with some pretty great offers (any size pizza + garlic bread €12 delivered, 2xmedium pizzas and some sides/drinks €20) but there's still no sign of their website working..

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

There was something pizza operating in that premises when I was down there over the last week. I could swear.
    Was down there for another reason so didn't go into the place or anything but certainly seemed to still be operatinmg so why they'd cease advertising is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Godfather pizza used to do an epic cajun chicken pizza :(

Also Chicago town pizza is horrible tbh, mizzonis is ok but awful dry even tho the calzones are amazing, still im a sucker for the odd dominoes pizza.

These days i get my pizza from Miros pizza out the country in corandulla as it's near me

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Someone registered to boards to trash talk a local business.
    They are now banned and their posts removed.
    Read charter about slagging business/people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement