Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blocked mobile calls

Options
  • 02-02-2012 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

hi there

i have a pretty straight forward question that perhaps someone could help me with

a close relative of mine has been recieving phone calls in the middle of the night on her landline , thier is no one on the other end but it has happened half a dozen times this past month or so , the ID reads no number so they assume the call is from a mobile with the ID witheld

if you were to ring up the phone company ( say eircom ) , can they find out where the call is coming from ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

the only people who can find out who the number is would be the gardai
    i suggest that you report it to your local garda station and let them take it further for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Random wrote: »
    the only people who can find out who the number is would be the gardai
    i suggest that you report it to your local garda station and let them take it further for you

thank you , so if they had a hunch that it was coming from a mobile number , it would be a waste of time contacting vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

theres no harm reporting it to your network but ultimately you wont get anywhere with them - in my experience. contact your local gardai but unless the calls are very malicious in nature i wouldnt expect a prompt reply - again, in my experience.

Advertisement