Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eire og gym

Options
  • 02-02-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

hi whats peoples views on this gym, is it good etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I think it's nice.
    €5 for a session. First one is free.
    Lots of machines with enough space around them. Lot's of free weights. Friendly staff.
    Showers and a steam room & sauna.
    If only it had a swimming pool...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I had a phone call from them today in work.
    I was not very pleased.

The last thing I need when I'm in work is a cold caller looking for me to take some survey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

ShayK1 wrote: »
    I had a phone call from them today in work.
    I was not very pleased.

The last thing I need when I'm in work is a cold caller looking for me to take some survey!

Yeah my wife got one of those calls last Friday in work also and she eventually just hung up on them as the message that she didn't want to join just didn't seem to be getting through to them!

tommycahir wrote: »
    Yeah my wife got one of those calls last Friday in work also and she eventually just hung up on them as the message that she didn't want to join just didn't seem to be getting through to them!

Its not on!
    How can they think its a good idea?
    Surely, they can't get any positive responses?

I asked why she rang the office?
    She said they were ringing all the local businesses.
    I told her that my office is a very busy office and I didn't have time to part-take in her survey. (Which is the truth)
    And she then wished me a nice day.
    It was a pleasant conversation but a waste of my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CMCR

It seems other gyms in town are doing the same thing - I received an unsolicited call from the gym in the Talbot Hotel yesterday promoting their current offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭hadepsx

heads up, the premium offer e6 per week is a bit miss leading. its e87 up front DD, which is the first e24 and the last e24, with e39 other costs, which i dont know where they got from. would have joined if it was just the e48 up front. nice lookin gym though.

hadepsx wrote: »
    heads up, the premium offer e6 per week is a bit miss leading. its e87 up front DD, which is the first e24 and the last e24, with e39 other costs, which i dont know where they got from. would have joined if it was just the e48 up front. nice lookin gym though.

They need to pay the phone bill somehow? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

The cold calls are starting again guys, got one today, he kept going and going and going... very annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭toitle

Hello Carlow people,
    I will be here for the next couple of days and I was wondering if there was a gym/pool that had reasonable drop in rates or which one you would recommend?
    Do you know if there's a bikram yoga class here?
    Thanks in advance :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

There's a good public pool in Graiguecullen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

The pool is €5 a pop, you need a 50c coin for a locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭toitle

Thank you both,I will check it out later.
    All the best!

Advertisement