Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A mobile home in kerry in July?...(sounds like the start of a Daniel O'Donnell song)

Options
  • 02-02-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi. I would love to get a holiday this year and just wondering about booking a mobile home in Kerry for July. It would be the first holiday in a couple of years for us and I would love any advice about a really nice child friendly place. I have two boys under 12 and one man over 40 so any advice greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

Down around the Maharees is usually quite nice.
    Courtney's - Sandy Bay Caravan Park, Maharees,
    Castlegregory, Co. Kerry
    Tel: (066) 7139338
    Mobile: 087 2736750

Anchor Caravan Park is nice as well

The Anchor Caravan Park CastleGregory Nr.Tralee Co.Kerry Ireland
    Telephone: +353 66 713 9157 E-Mail: anchorcaravanpark@eircom.net

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

South Kerry is far superior in beaches and scenery imo, so the OP should look for places near or at Caherdaniel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

If you have kids I'd go with the Maharees personally if you can: there's loads of water sports there to entertain kids, plus loads of other kids around the caravan parks aswell. I've spent time there every summer for the last 20 years and honestly I love it... Waterworld is the place that does the kids clubs and even if it rains (which to be fair its Ireland is a massive possibility!) the kids will have something to do! Theres a big trampoline there out in the water aswell: great craic too! Honestly though its the best fun....

Plus you can go back to Dingle etc: aquarium, climbing wall, fungii, theres a bowling alley there with a kids play area too http://www.dwol.eu/index.asp (plus they have a spa attatched for some adult time :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sammie36

thanks everyone. I think I might go with Courtneys if they have availability as I love the fact it seems to be right on the beach. Thanks for the all the great suggestions for stuff to do as well. I will very happily sit on my commute and daydream between now and July! Thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭daithieoghan

Banna is a really nice spot, while not ideal for adults imo, kids will be looked after pretty well. I will concur with castlegregory for kids as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

cyning wrote: »
    Theres a big trampoline there out in the water aswell: great craic too! Honestly though its the best fun....

Can children over 25 use this trampoline? That sounds like the greatest invention ever.

Banna is a really nice spot, while not ideal for adults imo, kids will be looked after pretty well. I will concur with castlegregory for kids as well.

The Maharees is an excellent spot for a family holiday even if the weather isn't great. Plenty to do and not too far from Tralee or Dingle if rain causes cabin fever to set in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

dibkins wrote: »
    Can children over 25 use this trampoline? That sounds like the greatest invention ever.

I used it last year at 25: and every year in the run up... great craic seriously :p

• Registered Users Posts: 38 supergunner

Sorry to highjack this thread but does any users have a holiday home to rent for a family of 2 adults 2 kids From 18th August for one week? Somewhere on the coast preferably.
    Regards Robert.

Advertisement