Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdrawn Account

Options
  • 02-02-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi all, just logged onto my online banking to see that my account is in an unauthorized overdraft of €26.65

I bank with permanent TSB, and had €17.00 in my account, before spending money on my visa debit card. All transactions were put through between 30-31st of January, but had not appeared on my statement. The banks quarterly fee's of €12.00 were taken out on the 1st of February. Because the fee's were on my statement before the other transactions (even though I had no funds in my available balance), my account is overdrawn from the transactions and also referral fee's, and now the bank is refusing to refund the money!! I am down €15 on referral fees alone!!! Is there anything else I can do, or is this my fault?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

There is nothing you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭homer911

If it was only the quarterly fees that made your account overdrawn then you could make an appeal to the bank, but if your transactions would have made you overdrawn, then the bank is perfectly correct.

Lodge some cash immediately if you can to cut the penal interest charges you will also pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

It's your responsibility to make sure there is money in your account to cover fee's etc. You need to get in contact with them and lodge money to bring it out of red.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

My transactions made me overdrawn even though they took place before the fees came out, there were processed after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

were they laser / visa debit transactions or ATM withdrawals?

If so there's a time lag between processing and the day they're debited.

On the day of processing you had the funds so it authorised them. If the charges had gone out before you made the transactions then they would have been rejected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Love the Permanent tsb add in the corner:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 randomuser123

If I go into tesco with only .30cents in my current account will my purchase at the checkout go through? I'm willing to pay them back when I get paid but don't have any money at the moment. I don't wanna get declined at the self service checkouts and have to leave without my groceries...lol..would it work?:)

p.s. it's a debit card and I don't have overdraft facilities set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

If I go into tesco with only .30cents in my current account will my purchase at the checkout go through? I'm willing to pay them back when I get paid but don't have any money at the moment. I don't wanna get declined at the self service checkouts and have to leave without my groceries...lol..would it work?:)

p.s. it's a debit card and I don't have overdraft facilities set up.

Pretty certain it will be rejected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 randomuser123

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Pretty certain it will be rejected.

Ah crap :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ah crap :p

Look at getting an overdraft?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Look at getting an overdraft?

Sounds like you need a loan more than an overdraft...

Advertisement