Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo frame and engraving in Cork City??

Options
  • 02-02-2012 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I want to get and nice photo frame and have it engraved as an engagement pressie for my bro. Anyone know where has the best selection of photo frames in Cork city and where could I have it engraved? Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

God thats a hard one now. Not many places selling this kind of stuff any more. Newbridge Silverware shop on Oliver Plunkett Street may have some nice frames and also Blarney Wollen Mills shop may have some too. You could also try upstairs in Debenhams. You could also get frames in some of the jewellers but Im sure they would be expensive. I would recommend Keanes for engraving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭sporina

SlimCi wrote: »
    God thats a hard one now. Not many places selling this kind of stuff any more. Newbridge Silverware shop on Oliver Plunkett Street may have some nice frames and also Blarney Wollen Mills shop may have some too. You could also try upstairs in Debenhams. You could also get frames in some of the jewellers but Im sure they would be expensive. I would recommend Keanes for engraving.

thanks for that. What do you mean by "any more"? Photo frames are a funny one - I always see them when I am not looking for them. And then when I need them I cannot think where it was I saw them. Thanks for the info anyway. I will check out those places and keanes and the like for prices on engraving.

Well here used to be shops that sold all that kind or ornamenty type stuff but not so much any more. The old Cash's had loads of that stuff and Roches stores and the like. A friend of mine collects Hummel figurines and you used to be able to get them in Blarney but no more either. A frame is always a nice present to get. Good luck!

Actually there is a china type shop off Oliver Plunkett street on the one before Keanes going up to Patrick Street (I think, well one of those anyway) that sells stuff like that. Could be gone now, not sure, can't remember the name of it either! House of China or something like that, they usually have that type of stuff too....

Advertisement