Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing a ban.

Options
  • 02-02-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭

I am appealing a ban by mod Stheno from 'The ladies lounge'. I accept the initial infraction which was given for using an expression that is contrary to usage policy on Boards. However when I rejoined the conversation someone had replied to the erroneous comment. I in turn replied to their comment. I was subsequently banned for warned on thread, disputing and ignoring warning. I did NOT dispute the warning I merely rejoined the debate. Even though I pointed that out I received a reply
    I banned you as despite your warning from another mod you continued to post referencing the thread you were warned about previously and ignored a mod warning, I should have said ignored rather than banned.
    I repeat I DID NOT reply to the thread in question, I did not reference it. Another poster merely replied to a point I made in it and I replied to them. I brought this to the mods attention but they have refused to expand on the matter. Are you trying to tell me that when I'm infracted for making a comment I'm expected to leave the conversation?

I am not a trouble maker. I have of course received infractions but have always accepted`and acknowledged them whether on the thread or by mail. This is very unfair. I don't think moderators appreciate how a ban makes the user appear and I don't think this ban reflects my profile. Especially when there was no intent and nobody can explain to me how I did exactly what I'm being accused of!

I would also like to point out that the post I initially responded to was in itself inflammatory yet nothing was done about this. It appears that a double standard has been applied! All I'm looking for is fairness as well as common sense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

My apologies for the delay, I missed this thread. This is being looked into.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

nesf wrote: »
    My apologies for the delay, I missed this thread. This is being looked into.
    No worries, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hi MyKeyG,

the consensus by the Cmods is that we don't see this ban as appropriate, so we have lifted it. Apologies for the delay in doing so!

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Thank you so much.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement