Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improving Maths Grade

• 02-02-2012 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Can i ask i thing i did really badly in maths ?
    I would be able to change this for my leaving .. right? :(
    Really upset .. please reply :(
    also does anyone have own personal experience with this
    thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Can teachers make you drop down to another level if you fail or do really badly?

This happened to me last year. I failed Spanish. My teacher told me that there was no way i could even pass the paper. She told me that i should do pass. But i didnt listen. I stuck it out. Studied my ass off and got a C3. Its not the best but it proved that i could do it if i wanted to. You know better, but be prepare to put in the work. Even though i ended up repeating it is now my best subject and i have a great teacher who encourages me and helps me to do better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Reventon93 wrote: »
    This happened to me last year. I failed Spanish. My teacher told me that there was no way i could even pass the paper. She told me that i should do pass. But i didnt listen. I stuck it out. Studied my ass off and got a C3. Its not the best but it proved that i could do it if i wanted to. You know better, but be prepare to put in the work. Even though i ended up repeating it is now my best subject and i have a great teacher who encourages me and helps me to do better.

You just replied to a 2 year old post.Check the date before posting

Can i ask i thing i did really **** in maths ?
    I would be able to change this for my leaving .. right? frown.gif
    Really upset .. please reply frown.gif
    also does anyone have own personal experience with this
    thanks in advance smile.gif

Yeah you can change levels anytime.Even on the day of the exam if you realy feel you need to. Just wait until the results of the mocks come back to see how you did.Take it from there.If you feel confident that you can pass honours maths try to keep it up but if you don't feel up to it drop down to ordinary level.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Moved to a new thread, OP don't unnecessarily drag up old topics when a new thread is more suitable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Izymunz

Chavways wrote: »
    You just replied to a 2 year old post.Check the date before posting

Yeah you can change levels anytime.Even on the day of the exam if you realy feel you need to. Just wait until the results of the mocks come back to see how you did.Take it from there.If you feel confident that you can pass honours maths try to keep it up but if you don't feel up to it drop down to ordinary level.

Thanks but i meant the grade ... you see i was doing fairly well in maths all year
    got an A1 in the most reason exam questions test n what i am trying to say is i completely fdd the mock up :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

It's not the real thing, yes you can improve your grade, I don't know why people bother to ask. I mean really, you've got 4 months to revise, it's pretty obvious that if you put some work in, you can improve your grade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Just follow in the footstep of pros like Albert Einstein. Fail in school, discover interest in Maths and become one of the most renowned geniuses in the world. Won't get you an A1 in the leaving though!

I lull myself asleep thinking Newton couldn't complete Project Maths if he tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Izymunz

reznov wrote: »
    Just follow in the footstep of pros like Albert Einstein. Fail in school, discover interest in Maths and become one of the most renowned geniuses in the world. Won't get you an A1 in the leaving though!

I lull myself asleep thinking Newton couldn't complete Project Maths if he tried.

I would prefer the A2 lol :) rather than the fail :P

Advertisement