Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match on Sunday?

Options
  • 02-02-2012 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone out there fancies going out to watch the Ireland Wales game on Sunday? MASSIVE fan, looking for a good venue and some decent company! :-)

Comments

Wouldn't be a big pub head myself but BobFoxes or Canty's might be suitable for you, sure you'll get chatting to some few in there no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

If it wasn't for Cork playing on TG4 the same day I'd be interested but Cork first, Ireland second I'm afraid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

isn't the Rob Roy the real rugby pub in town? Or have times changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'd say the Bailey would be a good spot for it - would have a good crowd and they've a good few TVs in there iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

no one interested in a blind date then ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

You should go to a place called The National Tavern in Dillon's Cross, great spot, you're sure to feel at home there. Just say you like Rugby and there'll be people over to chat with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Volovo

I can't join you unfortunately, I'll be enjoying the game in my own local. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 GirlWithBrain

Thanks all for the feedback - some interesting suggestions. Maybe I'll try a new one for each round of the competition! :D

Btw, Balmed Out, hilarious comment - it really did sound like a blind date attempt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

You won't go wrong in Cissie Young's either. It's at the top of Barrack St - always a good crowd: locals, students and the odd real rugby head...they all mix well and the craic is good.

Advertisement