If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hifi sound system?

Options
  • 02-02-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

I'm looking to get myself an up to date sound system and amp for my sitting room.

Have about 500 I'm willing to spend. Any good systems for that money? Could stretch a bit more.

Looking for a loud system!!!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Bhoy,

Well you've come to the right place. :D

What exactly are ya looking? Just HiFi? Or are you thinking AV surround sound? We've got a top selection of amps, CD players, tuners, streamers and speakers all for your listening pleasure. :)

Check out the link below for a small selection of what we can offer:

http://www.richersounds.com/information/hifisystems

http://www.richersounds.com/information/home-cinemasystems

If you can reply back with what you're after we can build you up a system that we reckon would suit ya.

Chris

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I'm looking to get myself an up to date sound system and amp for my sitting room.

Have about 500 I'm willing to spend. Any good systems for that money? Could stretch a bit more.

Looking for a loud system!!!

Athlone B,

Here's a couple of options:

At £479.95 including delivery

Marantz CD5004 CD Player - £249.95 Now £179.95
    Marantz CD5004
    Marantz PM5004 Amp - £249.95 Now £179.95
    Wharfedale CR30.4 Speakers £149.95 Now £119.95

If you want to 'up' the stakes a little and bolt on a serious pair of speakers....

Marantz CD5004 CD Player - £249.95 Now £179.95
    Marantz CD5004
    Marantz PM5004 Amp - £249.95 Now £179.95
    Monitor Audio M4 (apologies for the whacky link!)

That lot would total £559.95 again including delivery..

Have a think and drop me a line if you are interested in any of those options..

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

Hi

I'm interested in the £559.95 system! What would the total price be for shipping to the Republic?

What type of cable would I need for the Amp?

Does it have Aux input so I can connect my iphone/ipod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Athlone.

The prices that John quoted you included delivery. It would normally cost £16.99 to ship to this the South as it's a few boxes a few of which are quite heavy.

The CD player comes with a very basic cable in the box. I would recommend looking at the Cambridge Audio 300 phono cable 1m which is £19.95 which will make a substantial improvement on the sound from the CD player.

You would need some speaker cable also which would be the Cambridge Audio Symphony 200 cable which is £1.49 per metre.

The amp has 5 inputs on the back. We do have a great quality 3.5mm to phono cable to connect your ipod to the receiver which comes in a £9.99 and it's a 1.5m cable.

I hope this helps but let us know if you have any other queries.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.