Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting Property

Options
  • 02-02-2012 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am currently looking for a property to lease in Dublin, I was wondering has anyone had any experience of letting a property that is vacant but is not advertised. just wondering how they went about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

bubbles86 wrote: »
    I am currently looking for a property to lease in Dublin, I was wondering has anyone had any experience of letting a property that is vacant but is not advertised. just wondering how they went about it.

Come again?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

No i havent but i have friends that have..

Im assuming a lot here because there is vague information..
    Are you wondering who to approach to get this vacant premisises.. Ask the neighbours, usually they have contact info etc - Alarms often go off, most of the time they would have contact info on each other.

If you let the property it has all the same terms and conditions as if it wasnt advertised.. there are so many to list im not even going to attempt them.

Best bet, ask the neighbour buddy or the previous tenant

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

Good advice on the adjoingin occupiers. And they are good to talk to in general to find out any issues in area or even with the property.

And if it has been sitting vacant in Dublin city you can be held liable for three years of rates.

So get this put in to any lease or licence:

Rates Indemnity
    The Landlord hereby indemnifies the Tenant in respect of all charges for local authority rates arising prior to the commencement of the Tenancy Period in respect of the demised property.

And if this reads like gibberish be sure to get the advice of a solicitor. Actually just get the advice of a solicitor.

Advertisement