Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eco 2 Run Race Festival 30th September

Options
  • 03-02-2012 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi Just wondering has anyone any further info on this race - > http://renaultzerun.com/

Seems pretty reasonably priced too ?

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 15 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    40%
    eveVim FuegoFiona44AqualsbeepoSnailsPace 6 votes
    3 stars (average)
    53%
    BuckRacoonQueenbelcarraaverage_runnerBungy Girlcwgatlingundermeoxterdublin runner 8 votes
    2 stars (poor)
    6%
    Bigjez 1 vote
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Posted about this about a month ago when it was calling itself the Eco2Run and had no joy with any info on it. Seems reasonably priced as you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

tang1 wrote: »
    Posted about this about a month ago when it was calling itself the Eco2Run and had no joy with any info on it. Seems reasonably priced as you said.

I think I'll wait and see so. It's a long way for me to travel for a dud race.
    I'll see is there an email address ad ask a few questions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 254 ✭✭Excuseless

Apologies but only confusion on this event which I am organising was in relation to the name as was trying to finalise some sponsorship stuff and this was proving difficult as I was AWOL in S America :D

Entries are now open and hopefully folk will appreciate flat course, convenient location and keen pricing.

The races will start as follows:
    20 mile - 9.00am
    15 mile - 9.40am
    10 mile - 10.15am
    5 mile - 10.45am
    This time allows for a good spread of participants throughout the course and will have most finishing relatively closely together.
    Winners approx expected as follows:
    20 Mile:- 10.50am
    15 Mile:- 11.00am
    10 Mile:- 11.05am
    5 Mile:- 11.14am
    Each one will be held over the same 5 mile loop so there will be some degree of passing by other distance participants but with the start times selected we are hopeful this will work out ok for all concerned.

Anything not dealt with on the event website you can e-mail me at info@renaultzerun.com

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Cooldog

Just wondering if anyone has got any info on the course,
    whether it is relatively flat, and sharp turns, might here be conjestion problems, PB potential, all info welcome.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Cooldog wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has got any info on the course,
    whether it is relatively flat, and sharp turns, might here be conjestion problems, PB potential, all info welcome.

Thanks.

This is the course as detailed from the event website. I would say it is pancake flat judging from the location along the docks

• Advertisement

dev123 wrote: »
    This is the course as detailed from the event website. I would say it is pancake flat judging from the location along the docks

Just took at look it and there seem to be a few tight corners along with what looks like runners crossing over the same road from different directions, anyone got any further info about this.
    Thanks

dev123 wrote: »

Pancake flat would be a great description.

No runners will need to cross each other.

There are some regular 90 deg left and right turns and a 180 deg U turn near the mid lap water station but course should def facilitate fast times.

Hope this helps

Back to Eco 2 Run again :eek:

Despite not having a confirmed sponsor we will keep prices at current reasonable levels and hopefully will get a decent entry for what are ideal final Spring Marathon (15 or 20 Milers) or PB potential races at all distances :)

All info at www.eco2run.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

I'm in for this bad boy - any other takers yet?

Doing the 10 mile so it'll be a pb regardless as first time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Ath36

Any details of numbers that have entered each distance to date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

This is possibly a stupid question but how does one actually enter this race - I don't see the usual "Enter Now" button on the RunIreland website - I can see it for all other races. I've tried with both IE and Firefox but just cant find the button. Am I blind? Or just stupid!?

http://www.runireland.com/events/renaultzerun-15-mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I can't see it either! and I wanted to enter today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

No link showing up for me either, want to enter the 20 mile one... :(

Frustratingly today is the last day for cheaper entry and also for guaranteed correct t-shirt size! :( Hopefully these deadlines will be extended until after the entry problem is fixed.

Message I have just sent to all entrants :mad:

With regret I have to inform you of the postponement of the 5,10, 15 and 20 miles races planned for the Eastpoint/ Dublin Port area on Saturday March 10th.

The plain reason for this is that the Eco 2 Run Festival was to mark the successful launch of the B Green energy saving plan and certification of the Eastpoint Business Park.
    It has just been notified to me that sufficient progress has not been made towards completion of the necessary energy saving measures to allow this launch to take place on the planned date of 10th March and so the event needs to be proposed.

As a runner myself I realise that this will interfere with your training and obviously race plans but in this case it is a decision that was taken out of my hands as all plans were in place for the running aspect of the festival itself to take place.

Entries were going very well despite the late launch of the event., the facilities in Eastpoint are great, the route within Dublin Port a fabulous one for fast running and I strongly believe this festival of races will prove to be a winner when held at a date to be agreed later in the year.

Run Ireland will be refunding all entries made in full over the next few days.
    If your refund has not been received within the next week then please contact us at info@eco2run.com and we will deal with the matter through Run Ireland.

When we have fixed on a new date for the races we will notify all previous entrants by e-mail so that you can register at the lowest fees possible.

Apologies again for this event postponement.

Yours in sport,

Paul Mahon

Eco 2 Run Race Director

Sorry to hear that Paul - it was shaping up to be a great event. Hopefully it can be successfully rescheduled for a later date. Thanks for keeping us informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Looking forward to this (when we can sign up) going to try the 20 miler. Room for a 35m ultra next year perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I emailed the organisers, just got an email back saying that the event was posponed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Thanks, Paul. Hopefully it will be successfully rescheduled. And well done on the Urban Trails races too (don't you organize them too?) -- they are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Just got an email from the race organiser, this race is back on, taking place on Sunday 30th September. Same as early in the year the distances are 5, 10 15 and 20 miles. Early bird entry up to the end of July. Below are the links

http://eco2run.com/

http://eco2run.com/registration.php

• Advertisement

Wouldn't get my hopes up for this, see below what happened earlier in the year, no guarantees it won't happen again and even if there was I don't think I'd believe him. This isn't about runners!!!!!. Should be boycotted I think.

Excuseless wrote: »

With regret I have to inform you of the postponement of the 5,10, 15 and 20 miles races planned for the Eastpoint/ Dublin Port area on Saturday March 10th.

The plain reason for this is that the Eco 2 Run Festival was to mark the successful launch of the B Green energy saving plan and certification of the Eastpoint Business Park.
    It has just been notified to me that sufficient progress has not been made towards completion of the necessary energy saving measures to allow this launch to take place on the planned date of 10th March and so the event needs to be proposed.

As a runner myself I realise that this will interfere with your training and obviously race plans but in this case it is a decision that was taken out of my hands as all plans were in place for the running aspect of the festival itself to take place.

Entries were going very well despite the late launch of the event., the facilities in Eastpoint are great, the route within Dublin Port a fabulous one for fast running and I strongly believe this festival of races will prove to be a winner when held at a date to be agreed later in the year.

If your refund has not been received within the next week then please contact us at info@eco2run.com and we will deal with the matter through Run Ireland.

When we have fixed on a new date for the races we will notify all previous entrants by e-mail so that you can register at the lowest fees possible.

Yours in sport,

Paul Mahon

Eco 2 Run Race Director

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Cooldog wrote: »
    Wouldn't get my hopes up for this, see below what happened earlier in the year, no guarantees it won't happen again and even if there was I don't think I'd believe him. This isn't about runners!!!!!. Should be boycotted I think.

If your refund has not been received within the next week then please contact us at [EMAIL="info@eco2run.com"]info@eco2run.com[/EMAIL] and we will deal with the matter through Run Ireland.

Yours in sport,

Paul Mahon

Eco 2 Run Race Director

Do your research on the race organiser before you start telling people to boycott his race. He also organises Tulfarris Ten Mile and Athlone 3/4 Marathon which are both excellent races.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

3 stars (average)
    tang1 wrote: »
    Do your research on the race organiser before you start telling people to boycott his race. He also organises Tulfarris Ten Mile and Athlone 3/4 Marathon which are both excellent races.

Was going to post the same thing. To name but two races there. This might very well be a for profit race, but excuseless's races are ones that give priority to the participant.

Was going to post the same thing. To name but two races there. This might very well be a for profit race, but excuseless's races are ones that give priority to the participant.

Thanks for those for those positive and supporting comments from those that know me ( through events not personally) and my record in running events.

I will let my record stand for itself and if one person cares to try to knock this event just because of a genuine postponment earlier in the year it is their chioce but Green Plan certification issues have been sorted by Eastpoint and Races will take place on Sunday 30th September.

Of interest to some might be that I did a measurement of the course (Previously measured by a AAI certified measurer w Jones Counter) with a Garmin and it showed a total climb of 7m over the 5 mile / 8.1km lap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

3 stars (average)
    I have a serious problem with this event...I don't know whether to go for the 10 miler or the 15 miler!?
    I'll see ye there, and then a week later in Athlone!

3 stars (average)
    belcarra wrote: »
    I have a serious problem with this event...I don't know whether to go for the 10 miler or the 15 miler!?

Do the 20. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

belcarra wrote: »

Are you following the P&D schedule? I am and it recommends a 9-13 Mile Race that weekend so I think the 10 Miler will fit perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

3 stars (average)
    Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Are you following the P&D schedule? I am and it recommends a 9-13 Mile Race that weekend so I think the 10 Miler will fit perfectly.

Yip, I am. 13/15 miles is pretty much the same thing and I have a 15mile pb that has been looking for a battering for about 4 years so i think that might be the one for me!:D

3 stars (average)
    Thanks for those for those positive and supporting comments from those that know me ( through events not personally) and my record in running events.

I will let my record stand for itself and if one person cares to try to knock this event just because of a genuine postponment earlier in the year it is their chioce but Green Plan certification issues have been sorted by Eastpoint and Races will take place on Sunday 30th September.

Of interest to some might be that I did a measurement of the course (Previously measured by a AAI certified measurer w Jones Counter) with a Garmin and it showed a total climb of 7m over the 5 mile / 8.1km lap :D

Whats the deal with transferring? Say you register for the 20 but coming up to the day you want to beat belcarra feel better suited to the 15. Can you change?

• Advertisement

Whats the deal with transferring? Say you register for the 20 but coming up to the day you want to beat belcarra feel better suited to the 15. Can you change?

Should be able to facilitate that RQ :)

Advertisement