Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eco 2 Run Race Festival 30th September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seanie_m

Signed up for the 15 mile

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

3 stars (average)
    Think i do this. I work in the business park. A few speed ramps but be flat

• Registered Users Posts: 45 noddyname

Have just signed up for the 10 mile - I did the 10 mile in Phoenix Park on Saturday, my first time ever completing that distance and while my time was extremely slow I was delighted to just finish it. Thought I'd sign up for this so that I'll have a chance to improve on my previous time - fingers crossed! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭endswell

i heard there was difficulty in limerick when half marathon and marathon finished together at same time due to staggered starts; are you sure that 4 races finishing together works/will work? are there many successful examples? it being a 5 mile circuit, will that not leave faster runners and slower runners putting each other off?

3 stars (average)
    Is this race going ahead? Sent them a email and got no reply!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Seems to be, pm excuseless he's usually very good at getting back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

Flyers for the event were handed out after the Dublin Half on Saturday so I'd imagine it was going ahead alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 254 ✭✭Excuseless

Is this race going ahead? Sent them a email and got no reply!!

Not sure where your e-mail went Average Runner but races def going ahead :)

With the numbers expected and good organisation we don't anticipate any major problems at the finish.

The idea is to have a better atmosphere round the finish rather than starting all together and having the finishers well spread out.
    We have a limited window of 4 hours between 9am and 1pm to use the Port's roads so we needed to facilitate that and hopefully it works out ok.

We plan to issue 2 numbers ( 1 for front and another for back) so that you know who is in your particular distance race when they pass you or you spot them ahead, etc
    Hopefully folk will encourage and give support to each other when passing other folk in different distance events and not be put off by it.

3 stars (average)
    Excuseless wrote: »
    Not sure where your e-mail went Average Runner but races def going ahead :)

With the numbers expected and good organisation we don't anticipate any major problems at the finish.

The idea is to have a better atmosphere round the finish rather than starting all together and having the finishers well spread out.
    We have a limited window of 4 hours between 9am and 1pm to use the Port's roads so we needed to facilitate that and hopefully it works out ok.

We plan to issue 2 numbers ( 1 for front and another for back) so that you know who is in your particular distance race when they pass you or you spot them ahead, etc
    Hopefully folk will encourage and give support to each other when passing other folk in different distance events and not be put off by it.

Thanks for that. If my run goes ok tonight, I will sign up for this, either the 15 or 20 mile one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Will be doing this with two of the lads. 20miles at marathon pace should tell us where we stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭MaxPower131

Excluseless..........any idea any many of us will be running the twenty mile?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 254 ✭✭Excuseless

Excluseless..........any idea any many of us will be running the twenty mile?

Hard to know as always but good interest since half in park on sat so prob looking at 2 -> 300 in the 20 miler.

Expect to get a good lot of entries in the next few days as entry price is set to rise after Thursday.

Need to get tees on order so hopefully by then we will know better where we stand with numbers expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭endswell

Excuseless wrote: »

just signed up for the 10 so. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Tempted to sign up to the 15 miler, as I missed the Dublin half.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

4 stars (good)
    Im signed up for 10 miles. Im looking forward to this but nervous too. It'll be my longest distance as there are very few events between 10k (my longest so far) and 10 miles in distance

3 stars (average)
    Many people planning on doing the 20 miler at pmp? What pace if any?

Planning on doing 8 minute miles finishing in 2hr 40min. Aiming for a 3:30ish in the marathon so this target is a must. Otherwise its back to the drawing board!!

3 stars (average)

Planning on doing 8 minute miles finishing in 2hr 40min. Aiming for a 3:30ish in the marathon so this target is a must. Otherwise its back to the drawing board!!

Might do that with u if your interested? Might not last that pace for full 20 but I need to see where I am at. Will let u know after the weekend as ankle is sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

3 stars (average)
    Just signed up. Thinking of 4-5 easy and the rest at MP for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

3 stars (average)
    I intend to do the 15 miler and aiming for sub 1:50. I'll be continuing on for an extra easy 5mile lap afterwards.

• Advertisement

3 stars (average)
    belcarra wrote: »
    I intend to do the 15 miler and aiming for sub 1:50. I'll be continuing on for an extra easy 5mile lap afterwards.

That probably makes more sense than running pmp for 20?

Might do that with u if your interested? Might not last that pace for full 20 but I need to see where I am at. Will let u know after the weekend as ankle is sore.

Company is always welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

3 stars (average)
    belcarra wrote: »

That probably makes more sense than running pmp for 20?
    I'll be pretty much doing LT pace which is fine for me as I still have 8.5weeks to my marathon. Not sure what's best for DCM - 20 at pmp or 15 at LT - Both will be pretty tough sessions regardless so not sure what's best for you myself.
    You're welcome to join me if it suits though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Yea i'll be doing in or about the same pace for it. Just signed up there.

Quick note to anyone thinking about doing this the price goes up after today;
    So the prices go from:- €21/24/27/31 -> €25/30/35/40

3 stars (average)
    Just signed up for the 20 miler, be my last 20 miler before Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

see yiz there. Not looking forward to it mind. If there is one thing I hate more than laps, it's 4 5 mile laps of the docks. I hope the roads are closed off as the paths aren't great for running on

• Registered Users Posts: 18 man the van

Can you register for this on the day? myself and girlfriend thinking of doing 15 miler but not sure if we will be around Sunday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigjez

2 stars (poor)
    Anyone get a number in the post or is it collect on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Its collection on the day.
    Where do I pick up my Race Number?

Race numbers and timing chips will be available for collection at race sign-in on morning of the race at Eastpoint Business Park

Race sign-in will open at 8am and will close 30 minutes before the start of each race

i.e. Sign-in closes at 8.30 for 20 mile, 9.10 for 15 Mile, 9.45 for 10 mile and 10.15 for 5 mile

Please ensure you are at eastpoint no later that 9.20am on Sunday morning as arriving after that time will cause disruption to those in the 20 mile race and may limit your access to our free parking close to the race start / finish area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Can you register for this on the day? myself and girlfriend thinking of doing 15 miler but not sure if we will be around Sunday morning

Might want to email them to see.
    On the day entries may be taken if event is not oversubscribed - Please be aware that t-shirts are not guaranteed for on the day entries.
    *Souvenier RaceTee-shirts not guaranteed in size requested for late entries due to lead time for ordering and delivery of tee-shirts

Advertisement