Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about deferral

• 03-02-2012 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I deferred my place from 2011. I applied to the CAO again this year before Feb. 1st. But I didn't put my course choice down and when I went to do so the applications were closed.

The deferral thing say 'you must reapply to CAO by Feb. 1st, and enter your course as your only choice'

I'm confused. Does that mean I have to apply to CAO by Feb. 1st or I have to put down my course by Feb. 1st? Will it be okay to put my course down when the thing opens up again? The email said I didn't have to so I'm confused.

Anyone know for definite, as opposed to guesses? And yes I'm dumb and should have just done it. But anyway. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

tess26 wrote: »
    :confused::(

I deferred my place from 2011. I applied to the CAO again this year before Feb. 1st. But I didn't put my course choice down and when I went to do so the applications were closed. The automated email I received from CAO three days ago said (bolding mine)

So, since none of the statements above apply to me, I assumed I had until July to enter my course choice.

But the deferral thing say 'you must reapply to CAO by Feb. 1st, and enter your course as your only choice'

I'm confused. Does that mean I had to apply to CAO by Feb. 1st (which I did) or I had to put down my course by Feb. 1st? Will it be okay to put my course down when the thing opens up again? The email said I didn't have to so I'm confused.

Anyone know for definite, as opposed to guesses? :( And yes I'm dumb and should have just done it. But anyway. Thanks :(

As long as you've applied to the CAO before February 1st (paid the money) then you can add course when the change of mind opens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tess26

As long as you've applied to the CAO before February 1st (paid the money) then you can add course when the change of mind opens.

Are you positive this applies to deferrals?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

But the deferral thing say 'you must reapply to CAO by Feb. 1st, and enter your course as your only choice'

I'm not experienced with deferrals, but judging by that statement it would seem you have to put down both your course (only) and apply by February 1st. If I were you I'd give the CAO a ring ASAP and ask can you just put in the course at the change of mind period.

Oh, I am ringing them first thing in the morning. Was just sort of hoping for an answer one way or the other tonight.

This can be closed now or whatever you do as I have my answer. Thanks for your replies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

This can be closed now or whatever you do as I have my answer. Thanks for your replies.

What was the conclusion if you don't mind me asking? I'm sure there will be others in the same boat and it'd be great to know for sure! :)

Advertisement