Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soft drink dispensers - taste like alcohol?

Options
  • 03-02-2012 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi guys, I had a very strange experience in my local cinema this week, I ordered a medium sized diet coke, I took a few sips but I couldn't drink it, it was disgusting and worryingly tasted like vodka was added. I did not drink it and spoke to a staff member after the film. He refunded my money and explained that syrup arrives to them and is mixed with water and if done incorrectly it can produce an unusual taste he said this is very common and nothing to worry about. I asked if i was OK to drive and he said yes there is nothing to worry about. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Happened to me with a carton of orange juice from dunnes a few months ago, the stuff tasted like rocket fuel! Rang dunnes and the baffled young wan on the phone suggested I drink it and have a great aul time for myself :rolleyes: I had visions of a disgruntled employee chuckling as he poured all the st Bernard vodka into a big vat of oranges but the truth turned out to be nowhere near as entertaining. Apparently, orange juice smells like petrol and tastes like methylated spirits when it goes off :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

<orders some popcorn to watch this thread>

Advertisement