Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***MOTORS MEET - Sunday Feb 19th Portlaoise***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Won't be down to this one - no spare tyre after the last time, and it seems there may be a few other things wrong with the car, so will have to wait for NCT/engineer before I drive down again :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I have a spare spare tyre if you want it? Can drop it up tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

great video cheers for that, dunno is it just me I always seem to get goosebumps when seeing your own car on video! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Good job on the vid..Looked like a decent meet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Great vid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Thanks guys but it's you that need the thanks for coming in such big numbers. When the next meet happens I'd like to get a few words with owners on the camera and some posing. I'll show you what to do, some nice ideas.

Maybe the next meet will be a bit warmer too!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭boyler07

I'm up for this one!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

I'll try make it. Wont know for sure untill closer to the date

sean1141 wrote: »
    I'll try make it. Wont know for sure untill closer to the date

Ditto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

1. Alanstrainor
    2. EPM
    3. Jemmy
    4. conzymaher
    5. TestTransmission
    6. Voodoomelon
    7. MetzgerMeister
    8. boyler07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

boyler07 wrote: »
    I'm up for this one!.

Any chance of a spin in the burg if i can make it?

Any chance of a spin in the burg if i can make it?

It's a Sunday now to suit the likes of you so yes, you CAN make it :p

i work saturdays AND sundays :D

i work saturdays AND sundays :D

Ah there's always something up with ya isn't there?! haha

Forget about work and your time and a half and have a good day out!!

i dont give a sh!t about the money man id go if i could! where i work isnt a place where its optional to work sundays, you have to! ill know on monday if i can make it cos thats when that weeks hours will be up

• Advertisement

i dont give a sh!t about the money man id go if i could! where i work isnt a place where its optional to work sundays, you have to! ill know on monday if i can make it cos thats when that weeks hours will be up

*Ring ring*, "hello Dunnes Stores, how can I belt you"

*cough cough* "well garl, ti's ardennes here. I'm sick biy, fair can't work. G'luk!

Off to motors meet :D

*Ring ring*, "hello Dunnes Stores, how can I belt you"

*cough cough* "well garl, ti's ardennes here. I'm sick biy, fair can't work. G'luk!

Off to motors meet :D

:D

you'll need to start working sundays to pay for the petrol to go to all these meets. two more full tanks :)

:D

you'll need to start working sundays to pay for the petrol to go to all these meets. two more full tanks :)

Well it wasn't exactly 2 full tanks. More like a tank and a half :P

oh....thats ok so **** sundays boss! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

1. Alanstrainor
    2. EPM
    3. Jemmy
    4. conzymaher
    5. TestTransmission
    6. Voodoomelon
    7. MetzgerMeister
    8. boyler07
    9. georgefalls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

1. Alanstrainor
    2. EPM
    3. Jemmy
    4. conzymaher
    5. TestTransmission
    6. Voodoomelon
    7. MetzgerMeister
    8. boyler07
    9. georgefalls
    10. Nissan Doctor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

It might be no harm in the future to consider a meet that coincides with some free motorsport event , say an autotest, hillclimb, rally etc to make a better day out of it.

Just a thought ?

lets all head to galway for the rally so!

based on the last meet in midway anyway it wouldnt seem there needs to be something to draw people.

good idea though maybe, maybe :)

The way it worked at the Midway was very good. It was a day for us all to chat to one another and drive cars with no distractions.

If you have a meet at some event say a rally, some people mightn't be into rallying and either won't go or won't enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Bigus wrote: »
    It might be no harm in the future to consider a meet that coincides with some free motorsport event , say an autotest, hillclimb, rally etc to make a better day out of it.

Just a thought ?

Pretty sure we've done meets at Mondello once or twice, have done dyno days aswell.

If you want to organise something,go for it!No one is stopping you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

The way it worked at the Midway was very good. It was a day for us all to chat to one another and drive cars with no distractions.

If you have a meet at some event say a rally, some people mightn't be into rallying and either won't go or won't enjoy it.

The only thing about the meets that I dont like is that you dont know who your talking to most of the time.. I was lucky enough to met the Cork crew but I didnt know who was who in Portlaoise..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm the same Corkie. I remember Gary introducing me to you but I only remember because you were the opposite of what I was expecting. Meets like this though are by far the best way to get to know people on here and it leads to a much better environment online aswell, as you eventually put names to the faces. Sounds a bit 'American' but name tags with your screen name would help a lot of people, even if it does scream 'NERD'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭Bigus

Pretty sure we've done meets at Mondello once or twice, have done dyno days aswell.

If you want to organise something,go for it!No one is stopping you :p

Ok so thinking cap on !

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'm the same Corkie. I remember Gary introducing me to you but I only remember because you were the opposite of what I was expecting. Meets like this though are by far the best way to get to know people on here and it leads to a much better environment online aswell, as you eventually put names to the faces. Sounds a bit 'American' but name tags with your screen name would help a lot of people, even if it does scream 'NERD'

Ya its sounds silly but it works.. I couldnt believe you were from where you said.... I was expecting a dub..

stickers on cars ftw :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Ya its sounds silly but it works.. I couldnt believe you were from where you said.... I was expecting a dub..
    Of all my sins being a jackeen isn't one of them :)

I couldnt believe you were from where you said....

I'm from there aswell... :D

I'm from there aswell... :D

Thought you had a bogger head allrite...:D

stickers on cars ftw :D

F3kk off :D

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

bump :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

vectra wrote: »
    F3kk off :D

Show plates:D

I'm a maybe for this now. Completely forgot have a club dinner dance thingy the night before at home in Cork. I'll see if I can get a lift up maybe...can see it going down like a lead balloon...

EPM wrote: »
    Show plates:D

I'm a maybe for this now. Completely forgot have a club dinner dance thingy the night before at home in Cork. I'll see if I can get a lift up maybe...can see it going down like a lead balloon...

This meet? Maybe a bit too soon after the last one. Once every 3 months might be a better idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

This meet? Maybe a bit too soon after the last one. Once every 3 months might be a better idea.

I think EPM meant the dinner dance :)

draffodx wrote: »
    I think EPM meant the dinner dance :)

I actually meant convincing herself to not drink and to drive up the following day:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

I actually meant convincing herself to not drink and to drive up the following day:pac:

Just take all the beer out of the Kitchen no probs then :D

We said we'd chance the monthly to see if there was enough interest,if there's not we'll look into it again.

That could be a plan, I might have the missus with me aswell as we're gonna be up staying at my folks the night before.We could dump them on each other and let them go shopping or whatever crap needs be.

Its one thing her having tolerance of meeting up with randomers from the interweb, a completely different thing lumping her with one of their missus.

All offense intended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Right, should be at this one too

1. Alanstrainor
    2. EPM
    3. Jemmy
    4. conzymaher
    5. TestTransmission
    6. Voodoomelon
    7. MetzgerMeister
    8. boyler07
    9. georgefalls
    10. Nissan Doctor
    11. Bodhan (Hyundai i40)

Its one thing her having tolerance of meeting up with randomers from the interweb, a completely different thing lumping her with one of their missus.

All offense intended.

I don't think you have a missus, I'd say this is just a big plan to get Confab off your scent. :p

I don't think you have a missus, I'd say this is just a big plan to get Confab off your scent. :p

Maybe Confab is my missus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Ill be there,

1. Alanstrainor
    2. EPM
    3. Jemmy
    4. conzymaher
    5. TestTransmission
    6. Voodoomelon
    7. MetzgerMeister
    8. boyler07
    9. georgefalls
    10. Nissan Doctor
    11. Bodhan (Hyundai i40)
    12.Knifey_Spoonie

@epm when is the next Cork meet?? I dont want to be going to this and find out there is a met 2 weeks later..

@epm when is the next Cork meet?? I dont want to be going to this and find out there is a met 2 weeks later..

The local meets aren't a patch on the national ones. The Cork one was just to kick off the regional meets really. Can have one of those whenever people fancy. They just give a taster of what happens and serve as a good introduction as showing up for your first one with 30-40 others there can be daunting.

The local meets aren't a patch on the national ones. The Cork one was just to kick off the regional meets really. Can have one of those whenever people fancy. They just give a taster of what happens and serve as a good introduction as showing up for your first one with 30-40 others there can be daunting.

Fair enough so there wont be another one for a while so???

Fair enough so there wont be another one for a while so???

Not for another month or so. We could get one going in charleville maybe and that might suit the limerick gang too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement