Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to access streaming USA geolocked content on your idevice for free

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

It's working great for me, I have Netflix and Spotify running on it now. Does anyone know how long this'll be free and how much it will cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I keep getting redirected to playmo.tv after changing the DNS settings every time I try to log onto ABC or hullu. I entered my email address and name when it asked for it but I have yet to receive any log-in details. Is this what you guys went though too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

TheZohan wrote: »
    I keep getting redirected to playmo.tv after changing the DNS settings every time I try to log onto ABC or hullu. I entered my email address and name when it asked for it but I have yet to receive any log-in details. Is this what you guys went though too?

I never signed up. I just entered the DNS into my Apple tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bravadin

Just a thought, does this mean that every time I access a web page using these dns setting that this company has a record of all my web page requests? Even ones that have nothing to do with video?
    I know that someone has to have this record, whether it's my ISP provider or whatever but just wondering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Bravadin wrote: »
    Just a thought, does this mean that every time I access a web page using these dns setting that this company has a record of all my web page requests? Even ones that have nothing to do with video?
    I know that someone has to have this record, whether it's my ISP provider or whatever but just wondering?

Yes, this is why it's not advisable to use their DNS service except on a device that you only use for streaming, eg, Boxee Box, BluRay player etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

bertie4evr wrote: »
    It's working great for me, I have Netflix and Spotify running on it now. Does anyone know how long this'll be free and how much it will cost?

No idea how long they'll keep it free but I expect them to price roughly the same as UnblockUs, $5 canandian per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Yes, this is why it's not advisable to use their DNS service except on a device that you only use for streaming, eg, Boxee Box, BluRay player etc.

Do you need to be concerned about personal data like credit card info etc using a service like this then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 theh

You can always use the VPN trick , the razor VPN works pretty good and here is a video on how to set it up:

http://youtu.be/6_F2hzIpnpw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Bad news. Just got email from playmo.tv saying they're coming out of beta and going to charge $4.99 a month. Time to start searching for another free alternative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

4.99 a month isnt bad to be fair, i'm too used to american netflix and i'm just getting into spotify...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sorry folks, since Sean Sherlock signed his little decree we can't allow the discussion of overcoming geo-restrictions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement