Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! I hate my course and am in 3rd year!

Options
  • 03-02-2012 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey everyone. I thought this course (psychotherapy) was the course for me four years ago when I was 17 in leaving cert. I enjoy the the material of the course to an extent and growing as a person from it but I really don't want to be a psychotherapist. I thought this feeling would go away with time but the thoughts of doing anything in this field now especially after work placement is just making my stomach churn. I really don't want to be doing this at all anymore!

The course I'm doing gives me level 7 degree at the end of this academic year and then has the option of a level 8 add on year in September. What I want to know is there any way to go on to what I really want to do in September or do I have to do the level 8 add on year in the same course and then go on to do a post grad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 nrsire

Ok after a bit of research I have found out its possible to do a graduate diploma in another field with a level 7 degree. Yess!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Zelkova

good on ya
    stick with it and get the qualification at this stage, it'll stand to you in the future.
    Good thing you've realized it now and not ten years down the road,
    you're young and intelligent, do what you love to do

• Registered Users Posts: 47 nrsire

Zelkova wrote: »
    good on ya
    stick with it and get the qualification at this stage, it'll stand to you in the future.
    Good thing you've realized it now and not ten years down the road,
    you're young and intelligent, do what you love to do

Thanks! I found a course I really want to do too in London that is a graduate diploma, going to e-mail the college about it now. Excited! :)

Advertisement